Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible To Swap Jdm 2.5tt Into Us 3.0nt?

SoarerAltezza

It is possible to swap a JDM Soarer 2.5TT into my 92 SC300 5-speed as easilly as dropping in a 2JZGTE? All I want is about 300hp without spending wads of cash to get there (and to boast TRUE JDM power!). Is there anyone out there who has performed this swap before? What parts are needed to do the conversion? Will there be a major problem in the wiring of the harness into the cabin? I dont care about the gauges working because they will be swapped out for autometer gauges on a custom cluster. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

yes it is i have done the swap before and am in the middle of doing another one at the moment everything will bolt right in and the wiring is not all that difficult at all.

• 11 months later...

It's worth noting that it's most likely illegal for you to do that unless this motor is EPA certified for the US, which it won't be unless it was in a car that was sold here.

Doesn't matter much if you are doing the work yourself and as long as the engine can pass emissions, but it will be highly illegal, just so you know.

• 9 months later...

It would make more sense to droop in a 2jz-gte.. after all parts are more readily avaliable, as are the engines!!!!

The basic blocks are the same (ish) on the outside, it should all more or less drop right in.... I hope you are good at wiring!!!!

Ironic as I am thinking about the same swap, but the other way round........

It would make more sense to droop in a 2jz-gte.. after all parts are more readily avaliable, as are the engines!!!!

The basic blocks are the same (ish) on the outside, it should all more or less drop right in.... I hope you are good at wiring!!!!

Ironic as I am thinking about the same swap, but the other way round........

Only 9 months late in replying there charlie ;)

I only just discovered the import section... loads of questions about things I know about :D its great :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links