Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xs Power Fmic

cmarshall

Im looking at getting an FMIC and the XS power kit seemed a reasonable route to take, however I have been reading horror stories on them not fitting and having to cut parts out the bumper, relocate the air filter and move the oil cooler, anyone had experience with them?

hi ya yeh i have got one fitted on mine its not nice to do! Need to remove bumper and relocate Battery, air filter ,gear box oil cooler ,have to remove your fog light and had to make a smaller washer bottle pipes, dont really fit to well had to make extra holes in my car if i had abs dont no where it would have gone lol but its all in there now need to heat rap pipes to! as run over top of exhaust i am gunna clock my turbo and run them the other way but still to do this yet. hope that helps?

Ok doesnt sound worth it really, what are the alternatives that actually fit then

unfortunately FMIC Kits are a little hard to come by for the GT-Four i.e. almost none existent and personally given how cheap the XS-Power kit is I'd have concerns over the flow ability of the Intercooler in the higher boost range.

Good example of this is Adam's FMIC it was cheap yes and yes it works well up to 1.2bar but he and others have found they cannot get above this pressure due to flow restrictions in the intercooler.

I would say you would be better off getting a good intercooler eg forge motorsport and then getting some custom hard pipes made up to suit. Might cost a bit more but will be worth it in the long run if you aiming for high output.

Yeah im after big power. Just all these shiny XS goodies at next to nothing prices attract me like a magpie

Just looked at then engine bay shot with the FMIC, did you relocate a standard filter or an induction kit, mines running the HKS mushroom filter and the pipework to it doesnt look like it could be relocated easily.

DSC00046.jpg

:rolleyes: I told ya Chris :P

i'm currently working on an FMIC for mine, based an the core from an Evo 6 so should be ok flow wise as its tried and tested on the Evos :)

Will post up once I got it sorted

i have fitted a Nissan pulsar kit from D2POWER on a few GT4's and have the same kit in the rolla. you do need a few bits of samco but the kit is good quality with aluminium hard pipes not the heavy stainless of other kits.

it does need the pipes cutting but goes on quite well and comes in at about £200 incl shipping. the core is rated to 600bhp iirc.

click me

i have fitted a Nissan pulsar kit from D2POWER on a few GT4's and have the same kit in the rolla. you do need a few bits of samco but the kit is good quality with aluminium hard pipes not the heavy stainless of other kits.

it does need the pipes cutting but goes on quite well and comes in at about £200 incl shipping. the core is rated to 600bhp iirc.

click me

Isn't that the one Adam's having pressure drop problems with though??

mines holding 1.8-2.2 bar ok. plus its only 63mm pipework. they do do a smaller drift spec core if your worried about lag though.

TBH unless your over 450bhp a FMIC isn't necessary anyway as the stock CC system is good for that and more efficient, add to that that any reliability will be out the window from the bottom end!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links