Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Maintenance/improvements - 4.3 Rear Camera Installation Part 1

shcm

Well, i FINALLY got round to doing this. Took loads of photos so i'll upload a report soon but lets just say its actually very easy to do. Typical me overcomplicated it but hey-ho it works now!

Webz

Great news.. looking forward to reading how you did it..

I had coffee with a friend recently, and amoungst the usual girl chat, we spoke about my RAV and was it easy to park ?

I told her I had a reversing camera which made it very easy. Her reply was "what a great idea, if I had one, I would be able to see what I had reversed into, without getting out of the car!"

I'll leave you with your own thoughts...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mechman

• TomPL

• kanulondon

• dazuk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a spare one if she wants it!!

Thanks for the offer, but she would probably sit in the car watching it all day ! :lol::yes: :lol2:

• 4 weeks later...

i just got a 2008 rav4 sr180 i have looked in the back door as per photos but i dont have the s7 connector i have the 9004 nav unit so thought i would have the connector gutted. will have to find a diffrent way to wire the camera

darrell

i just got a 2008 rav4 sr180 i have looked in the back door as per photos but i dont have the s7 connector i have the 9004 nav unit so thought i would have the connector gutted. will have to find a diffrent way to wire the camera

darrell

Your SR180 is not fitted with the Nav unit as standard, Daz, but surprised the wiring is not on a standard loom.....? Purely as a matter of interest, does your car still have the Runflats in place, or has a kindly soul removeded them....?

how do i tell if they are run flats?

my rav4 has got Bridgestone Dueler 687 235/55 R18 99H

dont think they are run flats

just looked again and they are run flats

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to get a number plate light cam for the T180? I tried to buy oe on eBay but apparently only fits the Rav with the spare wheel?

Cheers

try eBay item no 150973717707 that will fit i measured my no plate light same size.

darrell

which is the e54 connector i think i will have to wire the reverse camera to the back of the head unit on my b9004 but not sure which is the right connector ay one have a pic of the right one please? thanks darrell

Cheers Darrel, I will order it up now and hopefully I will have the connector in the back door?!

pal or ntsc should both work

ok so i took out my head unit to look at the wiring bugger no wires going to pins 21 22 or 23 for the camera i pushed the v+ into slot22 and v- into slot 23 connected camera to 12v and earth select reverse and i get the black screen saying check surroundings for safety

but no pic gave up and put everything back together as it was 10 pm last night going to try again this morning but also wire a piece of wire between pins 21 and 23 see if i then get a pic on screen.

update still no picture on screen just the warning message tried the camera on my tv good pic there so dont know why no pic on car screen any one any ideas?

• 3 years later...
On 8.11.2007. at 0:03 AM, shcm said:

More importantly, four of these signals appear on a connector called S7 inside the rear door. The S7 connector is shown below:

90980-12382.png

S7 is a 6 way connector. Those signals that connect to S7 from the head unit are:

CGND : connects to CGND on S7 (pin 3)

V+ : connects to CV+ on S7 (pin 2)

V- : connects to CV- on S7 (pin 1)

CA+ : connects to CB+ on S7 (pin 4)

pins 5 and 6 on S7 are unused. The Toyota part number for S7 is 90980-12382.

So far we have not managed to source the other mating half of the S7 connector, so alternative connectors have been home-made (see installs below).

The other mating half of the S7 connector is 90980-12381.

Wire 82998-24360.

2n8tsa0.jpg

27wwpp3.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links