Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla G6

vision

The extra horsepower and torque would eat it alive! :!Removed!:

Might last a few miles, but not many

Joe

how old on average are the 4AGE engines compared to 4AGZE? The 4AGZE's are from early 90s arent they? My one concern is the reliability too :ph34r:

The six speed box is designed for the power put out by the 1300cc/1600cc normally aspirated engines - that's 109bhp for the 1600cc.

The power put out by the 4a-gze that I have is 165bhp in standard form - that's an increase in power of over 50%. The six spedbox was not designed for that power and would not last very long. The gearbox that I have (designated e58) has the same internals as the gearbox for the MR2 Turbo (240bhp with some engines) and can easily cope with the 4a-gze power output.

The last 4a-gze engines were produced in 1995 - mine's a 93 and have had no reliability problems in the 10 months it has been in my Corolla. Toyota have a habit of overengineering their engines - there are some 4a-gze engines in US supercharged MR2s that have done 200,000+ miles before needing a rebuild.

Did you get that gearbox as part of the 4AGZE package or was that another purchase?

From Fensport

AE92 or AE101 Late type 4AGZE Engine - complete with all ancillaries to run, including, wiring loom & ecu, starter, alternator, coils, igniter, rev signal converter, top mount intercooler & bonnet scoop, power steering pump and pipes, exhaust downpipe, gearbox and driveshafts

a) I presume that this also applies to the AE111

b) Is that the gearbox you got as that package?

Yes it all came form Fensport - my was an ae101 front cut.

• 4 months later...

The internals aint strong enough and the extra power would rip them apart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links