Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Mr2 Has Gone....

cfc1

.... to Glossop as it is undergoing a turbo conversion :)

At the moment the car is in the garage having a Power Enterprise Turbo fitted along with the following items to go with it...

Intercooler cooler (Possibly TTE)

Emanage ultimate

Costom exhaust if required

Power Enterprise injectors 550cc.

Blitz boost controller.

Tom's fly wheel.

Exedy clutch.

Innovate AFR wideband kit.

oil preasure/temperature, boost and EGT guages etc.

HKS dump valve.

C-one rear strut brace.

Engine dress kit if possible (finances dependant)

I'm not sure when the car will be ready but I'm not in a hurry.. as long as I get it back before Christmas I'll be happy.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cfc1

• JappyBeast

• Andie_M

• Jimlad

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had me worried there with that thread title Davy.

Those mods will make it even more of a beast :thumbsup:

Nice one Davy :D

Is that the 1st one on here ?

When i was over at TTE they were fitting turbos to the roadster's and they were flying ;)

Should be great fun when its done Davy :yahoo:

oooh!.. I got some new "best friends" :P

Kimi.. it could well be a 1st for TOC, a MK3 Tubby ;)

Does this mean I've entered the Darkside?

Les... hopefully will have time to pop over to yours when we pick the car up... will need to wait and see how much time I can get off work, but will let you know as soon as I know.

oooh!.. I got some new "best friends" :P

Les... hopefully will have time to pop over to yours when we pick the car up... will need to wait and see how much time I can get off work, but will let you know as soon as I know.

I must be his bestestest friend cause i driving it first :D

Les we wont pop over we should fly over B)

Davey, you are actually doing something Toyota should have done in the first place. I love the idea of a Mk3 with all that power!

Good decision well made! How many miles are on it? I've been playing with the idea of taking the Toy down to Silverstone Performance for their stage one TTE makeover for a while but i'm nervous about strapping forced induction to a 60k mile old engine!!

Just had an update from Dave (Prolex)..

hi

update.

clutch flywheel done

turbo etc fitted

Dave

So... shouldn't be long now till it's back home :)

:yahoo::toast::yahoo:

It's an 05.. had it since new.. so that would be just over 2 years? :P

Mrs has her Corolla CTS-C which she uses for her work and shopping etc.. the family car.

I have an old K plate Audi 80 diesel that I use for work so the MR2 gets used only at the weekend really.

What will your power/torque figures be once it's all done?

I assume the stock internals are a limiting factor of what can be achieved?

Not sure on the torque figures.. but been told they should be pretty good.. BHP should be 200+, maybe even as much as 240.. but I personally think that could be pushing the stock internals to their limit.

The turbo starts spooling up at 1300rpm and reaches full boost (will be around 7psi) at 2700rpm... all in (after some reading up) I felt the Power Enterprise kit was the most suited to the 1zz.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress pics....

DSCF0034.jpg

IS200 Intercooler

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

Pwer Enterprise Turbo Kit

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

My nice red sump :lol:

Coming along nicely me thinks.. at the moment all the brackets that were made up are being powder coated red, so the final build shouldn't be far away and the smile thats been on my face since I bought the car will be even bigger :)

Question....

Is there gonna be any ducting for the IC to direct air through it?

Just seems a bit weird where it is as obviously it won't get air compared to a FMIC.

I'll answer with a question... FMIC??? :lol:

I'm not sure if there is going to anything added to direct a stronger flow of air directly to the I/C, but I have been told by other people who have the C2 kit fitted that it should do something as the RAD is huge compared to theirs.

It is also worth bearing in mind that the PE kit doesn't actually need an I/C, so the fact that there is a huge one there should have some effect... the problem is we really have no idea how much of an effect as there is nothing to compare it to (1st time a Lexus IS200 I/C has been fitted to a Roadster as far as we know). As you know air gets pushed into the engine bay from the side scoops and it almost certainly goes towards the rear of the engine bay, there is also the nappy under the car, this may also divert some of the air passing under the car towards the rear of the engine bay.

It's really a case of wait and see... but it will definitely be better where it is than not there at all.

Hmm..

Not so sure that the IC mount is good there :unsure:

Heat transfered from the engine bay will definitely cancel out any cool air advantages making it a warm air induction, the best place seems to be underneath with ducting for cool air.

I still want a go though :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links