Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spraying Plastic Parts

redsell

Just wondering if anyone has sprayed the plastic bumpers, front and rear, and the mirrors of their Yaris?

How easy was it to do? Get a decent finish?

Cheers

Just wondering if anyone has sprayed the plastic bumpers, front and rear, and the mirrors of their Yaris?

Cheers

Havent done it myself, as mine are factory painted but if they are done properly, with the proper base coat, paint, etc, they should be fine. As with all things, damage will notice and so will a crap paint job.

Cheers

You need to prep the plastic item well. You need to put a "key" on the plastic using a fine wet and dry or scotch pad. The surface should be very dull all over. You then need to used special plastic primer which etches itself to the plastic. Its avalable in areosol at a lot of good car spares. Once the primer is dry just spray the colour as normal.

There are some Generic instructions >>Here<< if you're keen to try it yourself. However, as you're planning to do bumpers AND mirrors I'd recommend getting a few quotes first from the pros. This is mainly due to the amount of paint tins you'd have to buy ( unless you have your own spray equipment ! )

Good luck

Rich

I painted my wing mirrors and it tool a while to get the right technique. The result is quite good but not as good as profesionally painted parts. I tried to paint my roof spoiler too but gave up after bad result.

BTW: that "how to"-guide is quite good!

halfrauds do some bumper paint , not in alot of colours though , i used it to do wifeys rav4 centre wheel caps and its AWESOME .

Cheers

You need to prep the plastic item well. You need to put a "key" on the plastic using a fine wet and dry or scotch pad. The surface should be very dull all over. You then need to used special plastic primer which etches itself to the plastic. Its avalable in areosol at a lot of good car spares. Once the primer is dry just spray the colour as normal.

Cheers - I knew about most of the preping etc, how easy is it to get a decent finish with the paint? Any recommended techniques?

GT4 Booster - Check Halfrauds before, they're sh***. Will get the paint online. Glad to know it can be done and looks good :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links