Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Secondary Air Injection Pump

Hogie

Hi everyone

Im just wondering has any1 ever seen the fault code PO410 come up on there car. Its to do with a pump that pumps air into the exhaust on cold start to improve emissions. It located on passenger side of car in front of the wheel arch. Mil light comes on,turns off traction and vsc. This code has come up 3 times on my car since i got it in may. Anyone know the cost of this unit and can it be sourced without going to a Toyota dealer or even if the unit can be fixed? If i take negative

off bat and reset ecu stays off for a good while so thats really what im doing for now but wouldnt mind getting it fixed properly if its not going to bankrupt me!

If anyone know anything about it id really appreciate the feed back

Thanks

i fitted an air pump a few weeks back with the same fault code

unfortunatly the code appears due to corrosion of the pump internals itself you can clear the code but it will keep coming back (eventually the fuse will blow and there more expensive than normal fuses) which will keep the light on permanatly

hope this helps m8 (maybe not as its not good news)

unfortunatly the code appears due to corrosion of the pump internals itself you can clear the code but it will keep coming back (eventually the fuse will blow and there more expensive than normal fuses) which will keep the light on permanatly

Do you know is it the same pump for all corollas or is specific to each engine? Be handy if it was the same cause was quoted 750 euro(£500) for new 1. If it was the same could get one second hand out of something crashed. Dont tink its going to damage engine,just make exhaust gases dirtier when engines cold. What a pain :angry:

Do you know is it the same pump for all corollas or is specific to each engine? Be handy if it was the same cause was quoted 750 euro(£500) for new 1. If it was the same could get one second hand out of something crashed. Dont tink its going to damage engine,just make exhaust gases dirtier when engines cold. What a pain :angry:

Ive had this go on mine and it cost £750 to fit and for the part at mr t not cheap seems to be a fault as my mates did the same thing pain in the ***** and it took a hole day to sort. hope this helps

Ive had this go on mine and it cost £750 to fit and for the part at mr t not cheap seems to be a fault as my mates did the same thing pain in the ***** and it took a hole day to sort. hope this helps

In process of trying to source it second hand off a crashed 1,trouble is it rite at the front of the car! If its cheap secondhand ill take the chance,if not ill just have to Shell out for a new one I dont really want to Shell out that much,not this close to Christmas. But sure what can you do,if it needs doing it needs doing. Does that pump do anything once the cats warmed up?

In process of trying to source it second hand off a crashed 1,trouble is it rite at the front of the car! If its cheap secondhand ill take the chance,if not ill just have to Shell out for a new one I dont really want to Shell out that much,not this close to Christmas. But sure what can you do,if it needs doing it needs doing. Does that pump do anything once the cats warmed up?

dont take my word for it but i think it does work continuesly but more when the car is cold . i konw how you feal mate ive just had to Shell that out to have the engine stripped to see what has gone wrong and if its a bent valve iam looking at probaly twice that if iam lucky but as you said if its got to be done then its got to be done. good luck and let us know if they are all the same might save some one a couple of pounds/euro's :thumbsup:

dont take my word for it but i think it does work continuesly but more when the car is cold . i konw how you feal mate ive just had to Shell that out to have the engine stripped to see what has gone wrong and if its a bent valve iam looking at probaly twice that if iam lucky but as you said if its got to be done then its got to be done. good luck and let us know if they are all the same might save some one a couple of pounds/euro's :thumbsup:

Ill have to give the parts of the local toyota a ring tomorrow and see is it engine specific and get the part number off them as well. Be so handy if it wasn't cause can just find a car that has that pump then hopefully save some money. Iv been reading your posts on your car,feel really sorry for you man.

You really wouldnt expect that to happen but just goes to show,but hopefully now that people have seen whats happened to you can learn something from it, i wont be going near any mud with my one thats for sure. Yea ill keep ye posted as and when i know what the story is. Best of luck with your car

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links