Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Consumption 1.4d4d Sol,

Bjorn-Th

Hello.

Just bought my Auris 1.4 D4D from Denmark and I am wondering if any have any info regarding the oil consumption. Have driven

1900 km, and had to fill it up with 1,8 liters oil. Still not competly to the top mark on dipstick.

Think this is too much. However the manual says that up to 1 liter pr 1000 km can be accepted.

I am wondering if any of you have noticed a decrease in oil comsumption with increased milage.

have a Peugeot Diesel 406-2003 , it is only sipping aprox 0,1 liter pr 1000 km.

Maybe Fred from Norway knows anything abt this ?

I am also Norwegian. So that explains my not so perfect english..

Sorry mate,I just cannot believe that it is within the tolerances of this engine to use a litre of oil at every 1000km or roughly 600 miles.I have just traded my 1.4d4d corolla in at 33000 miles(sorry do the conversion yourself) and the most I ever had to top up between services(carried out by myself) was 0.2 ltr.This was acar on the motorway every day.Me thinks you have a turbo or engine management problem.

If this was my car I would be screaming the rooftops down to have my dealer sort it.Someone may know more than me but I do not think this is normal.

Only other explanation is the incorrect amount of oil put in at factory and not picked up on PDI(highly unlikely)as it is basic procedure to check levels on PDI.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Hi,

It does seem like a lot - my Corolla D4D has 35,000 km since new (last January) and needs to be topped up once between 15,000 km services - maybe 0.25 litre or so - a little more when it was new. Sometimes new engines use more oil than usual and then settle down after a little while. Regardless of what the manual says, I'd see it as a warranty issue if it continues past 10,000 km. I'd also be very careful to keep it topped up in the meantime.

Hi,

I have an Auris 1.4 D4D and I didn't had my first service yet. I checked as the sales requested me the oil level at 7500 km and it was almost at the level didn't check it since then but I will have my first service soon.

Seems that the oil is not consumed, but rather spilled/flushed out somewere. I find oilstains evrywhere now on in

my drive way. Guess i will take it to Toyota first thing tomorrow. Some kind of oil leak, somewere.

Oh no.A toyota with an oil leak.What next.Please keep us informed.

Lets take it easy it may just be a faulty cap or so I truly hope so.

Hello, Here is Oslo.

Delivered the Car to Toyota Oslo, Alnabru, on Friday. They phoned me on Monday saying that a Oilseal was faulty and they had to

order this from sentral parts warehouse in Norway. On Tuesday the car was ready, it was the oilseal on the crankshaft

pully. They had to work on the car for 4 hours, took them a good time to find out where the fault was. They gave it

a good engine wash, and new oil. Ofcourse everything on waranty. So it remains to see if the Toyota Add in norwegian papers, etc

is correct. "Toyota owners is the most satisfied car owners in Norway" .. think so, Toyota is very big in Norway, only VW is

trying to match their sales, last year Toyota was biggest, now it seems VW's new Passat is taking the lead. RAV 4 has had a enormus

sales for years, total dominating this class, but now the VW Taigun and Mitsubishi Outlander is giving it a hard time.

Bye for now.