Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi New To All This

essexdon

Hi guys this seems the best place to start for all the toyota know how.

Im after a gt 4 gen 5 just wondering where is the best site or place to keep an eye out for one.

Im in essex so if anyone has any advice place feel free thanks for your time.

Welcome to TOC.

Try to find one that's in very good condition, or else you'll spend a fortune putting right any problems.

They're great cars, but of course are of an age where rust is a problem on many cars. Imports e.g. the ST185RC often tend to be better than UK cars, though that's not always the case. Of course if you look for an import for that reason, then you want one that was imported in the last few years, rather than one that has spent most of its life over here. The down side with imports is that the insurance can be more expensive, and many dealers turn their nose up at them when you want parts.

Good luck.

Hello and welcome to TOC B)

Good luck hunting for your GT4 gEN 5 (WHICH DOES HAPPEN TO BE THE BEST SHAPE IN THE WORLD) :wub:

In the past I have had a Gen 5 GT-R import with no rust problems at all, I now have an Imported MR2 also with no rust problems...infact both cars are very clean and sound body wise. :yahoo::toast:

:horse: sweet smillie

yea there dont seem to be much of them about a few on auto trader and piston heads, what is a price i should be looking to pay. you know of any good websites. i think they are the best looking celicas aswell.

Gt4s are great cars and im getting(Got) a gen 5 gt4 soon aswell so even better, mine is a import and get to pick it up in a coplue of weeks as it was my cousins.

I think for a good one i would expect 2500 but i got mine for 1k but there are bargains about, keep an eye open on eBay, Autotrader and Pistonheads is the best ones really!

One will come along soon

there will always be bargins about, but you do need to watch, the body is made from galvinised steel so takes forever and a day to rust (good thing :D ) but at the age they are at there will be some, usual areas are passenger wing, and rear sills just before the rear arches.

also, the gen5 has a weak head gasket, if things arent looked after properly engine wise or if the boost is up to high then this is usually the first thing to go

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome matey,

Best place to find a Gen5 GT4, there isn't one. GT4oc is a good place to start if any are for sale but its just a case of looking, looking and looking somemore im afraid. Looked around for ages for mine, and try not to be put off too much by distance, the one i ended up buying was the furthest i had travelled but it was worth it as it was in very good shape.unlike the rest!

As its been said before, they are the better looking ones, there isn't that many about now and its nice to drive something different.

Keep your eyes open and don't get fobbed off with any s**t.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

to be honest dude if u can afford a gen 6 buy the gen 6 in my opinion its just an all round a good place to get a gt4 from is pistonheads.com or you can try the gt4oc.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links