Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'97 Rav, Does It Have A Chip In The Key?

AS90

The key to my '97 Rav is a bit bent and I only have the one, can I just get a couple of new keys cut or does it have a transponder fitted for the immobiliser?

The key to my '97 Rav is a bit bent and I only have the one, can I just get a couple of new keys cut or does it have a transponder fitted for the immobiliser?

For this year, is it not that you had 2 keys and 2 little square things for the immobiliser???

I bought the car a few weeks ago, it came with just 1 key, are you saying it might already have remote central locking? I was going to buy a kit on eBay but if it already has the actuator fitted I might just be able to get a fob for it if that is the case.

I bought the car a few weeks ago, it came with just 1 key, are you saying it might already have remote central locking? I was going to buy a kit on ebay but if it already has the actuator fitted I might just be able to get a fob for it if that is the case.

Sounds like a funny one - look up Parts King on this forum and drop him a note - he's around the Wirral as well....as being a Toyota helpful parts person etc. I wasn't aware of any change to the immobiliser on the Mk1 RAVs so maybe you have had your immobiliser removed and left with just a key allowing central locking but not doing anything on the immobiliser. I had my ' 94 immobiliser destroyed by one garage cos they lost the separate activator so ripped out the lot. I've had to have another one fitted. To replace the whole Toyo system is expensive.

Let me have the chassis number for it and I will let you know, my gut feeling is that it would have had the T5000 series immobiliser on it, a black box with a red and black button. These are no longer available and may have been removed, if that is the case, your key is just an ordinary key, let me have the VIN

Kingo :thumbsup:

That is showing as having an immobiliser key with a chip in it, I cant tell you if it had central locking, it comes up with both options on my system

Buy yersel a rottweiler - cheaper if ye get a cross breed, an a catheter fur the beast

if the alarm siren is next to the Battery it has the scorpion 5000 system, scorpion went bust so parts are not available. if the siren is to the side of the servo the alarm is a toyota one, remote part numbers are 08191-00880 and can be programed in without having an original fob

^RTFQ! :) Im after keys not an alarm fob.

you also asked if it would have remote locking, these remotes locked doors on all models except GS

two keys are 46.21, you must have an original black master key to get the new keys coded, that can be done at your local dealer

• 2 weeks later...
two keys are 46.21, you must have an original black master key to get the new keys coded, that can be done at your local dealer

Can you give me a price for 1 key including coding please.

Can you give me a price for 1 key including coding please.

And while yer at it, wit aboot a key wi-oot the black plastic bit?? An I'll do ma ain coding?? (pure cheek frae a ex-Wirral wonker)