Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1995 Rav4 Immobiliser Disable

narrowtoyota

Just bought a great 95 Rav4. Has one main ignition key with the immobiliser chip and one ordinary key which will not operate the starter. Popped along to local Toyotav dealer and the price of a new chipped key, plus progamming was just stupid. Can the immobiliser be disabled to allow an unchipped key to be used. ? Thanks for any info at all. Richard

Just bought a great 95 Rav4. Has one main ignition key with the immobiliser chip and one ordinary key which will not operate the starter. Popped along to local Toyotav dealer and the price of a new chipped key, plus progamming was just stupid. Can the immobiliser be disabled to allow an unchipped key to be used. ? Thanks for any info at all. Richard

I think I had the previous immobiliser version with a separate wee keypad. When it was in for an engine change many months ago, the numpties lost the fob, so ripped out the ecu and disconnected the wiring to the immobiliser. It still left the central locking.

Ask Parts king on this forum for a price if he can get one, but it'll still be expensive.

Otherwise I suppose you could disconnect the immobiliser system / fit another system.

I asked the guys that have done the work on the conversion to install some cheap ways of immobilising the car, and they came up with a number of astonishingly cheap ways and it didnae involve removing the Battery or steering wheel!!

Hope you enjoy the RAV as much as I have done.

And of course a welcome to this madhouse of a forum where folk drive trains for joy and others don't live in London...

Hope you enjoy the RAV as much as I have done.

And of course a welcome to this madhouse of a forum where folk drive trains for joy and others don't live in London...

Great line Bothy! :thumbsup: