Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation With Main Headlights

hora

Hello I'm new :)

I have my new Aygo booked into the dealers to look at the condensation that forms inside the headlight lens. Is this normal though or am I right and they are possibly faulty?

:huh:

The Aygo is not different from any other car.... condensation should NOT form inside the headlights :huh:

Mine sometimes get a slight white misting inside them in damp conditions but it soon drys off when the lights are on. I think a bit of 'misting' is normal but if you actually have water droplets inside the lamps then I would say get it looked at.

• 2 weeks later...

I have my new Aygo booked into the dealers to look at the condensation that forms inside the headlight lens. Is this normal though or am I right and they are possibly faulty?

Picked my (or rather my wifes) new Aygo Blue up, yesterday. Guess what? Condensation in both Headlights already.

Picked my (or rather my wifes) new Aygo Blue up, yesterday. Guess what? Condensation in both Headlights already.

Condensation in headlights is quite normal in cooler weather conditions , to see if there is a problem you need to leave the headlights turned on for 30 minutes to allow them to warm up the surrounding plastics, then switch them off and leave for 60 minutes, after this time the condesation should dissappear, if it is still present report this to you local dealer telling them the procedure carried out and they should be replaced under warranty.

from Toyota emploee.

Condensation in headlights is quite normal in cooler weather conditions , to see if there is a problem you need to leave the headlights turned on for 30 minutes to allow them to warm up the surrounding plastics, then switch them off and leave for 60 minutes, after this time the condesation should dissappear, if it is still present report this to you local dealer telling them the procedure carried out and they should be replaced under warranty.

from Toyota emploee.