Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Deisel

normski

I've just bought a 2005 Yaris 1.4D T3 and am really pleased with it. I was a bit surprised to find that the advertised "trip computer" only displays average mileage on this car. I did try and have a play around with it whilst having a test drive but there were other things I needed to look at too, so the trip computer didn't get that much attention at the time. Is this normal for this model of Yaris or is my trip computer a duff one?!! :(

Hi,

I think the mark 1 yaris D4D doesn't display any mpg figures at all but the mark 2 does, havent found out why yet but agree its really annoying as you'd think the diesel would be the model to display mpg on even more!

Hi,

I think the mark 1 yaris D4D doesn't display any mpg figures at all but the mark 2 does, havent found out why yet but agree its really annoying as you'd think the diesel would be the model to display mpg on even more!

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It really is annoying.... can't brag about the good mpg now!!! :eek:

The (Mk 1) D4D doesn't show the MPG info. I think I read here once that it was something to do with the fuel contents sensors which are required to do the calculations are not fitted in the diesel.

My way is to;

Fill up

Reset trip 'A'

run car to one or two bars remaining

fill up

divide miles on trip 'A' by number of litres put in

Multiply by 4.54

= MPG

On my 04 D4D I get 550 miles per tank. (over 60) Yes that is steady driving but not slow.

On M ways and fast driving it drops to 58 mpg. :huh:

On my dash the average MPH per run is only displayed.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2005 Yaris 1,4 D-4D dosen't have the tripcomputer either... But - i just use the same method descriped in this thread, it's more accurate too... ;)

Mine is running aprox. 820-850 km / 42 liters - i have no idea what that is in MPG... :)

My 2005 Yaris 1,4 D-4D dosen't have the tripcomputer either... But - i just use the same method descriped in this thread, it's more accurate too... ;)

Mine is running aprox. 820-850 km / 42 liters - i have no idea what that is in MPG... :)

55-57 MPG

Best solution?

www.scangauge.com

Gives me more functions than I can possibly shake a stick at and sits very neatly above my steering wheel. Should be just under £100 and is transferable from car to car. Worth every penny!

:thumbsup:

A