Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Import Rear Number Plate

JappyBeast

Not looked into this yet but my rear numberplate on my import is looking a little shabby.. with all the new laws on getting plates made up will I have a problem getting one with smaller digits for imports only?

Its not really a case of going down to Halfords with my documents..

Can I go mail order?

Cheers for any links or suggestions in advance.

the legal requirement is for non Euro spec cars to have at least Motor bike sized lettering.

So if I take in my documnts they will make up one using motorbike sized letters and not be idiots about it?

Anyone seen Jimlads rear plate... its very strange.. all the digits are in one line on an import.

Bibbs.. yours looks good where did you get it?

The importer did mine ..

I did post the min requirements .. but like a load of things - it's gone missing.

I'll try and dig it out the car tomorrow.

Halfords will be an ***** .. is it fancyplates.co.uk that do the ones online?

I think they just deal in private plates..

Jimlads was from the importer too.. might go to my local bike shop and see what they say..

If you look on the DVLA site, there is an article about number plates, and there it gives the dimensions allowable for the imported plates, don't trust your local car spares place to sort it mine are huge, much bigger than had intended <_<

Anyone seen Jimlads rear plate... its very strange.. all the digits are in one line on an import.

AS stated... imports can have smaller lettering :D

how many letters/number does his numberplate have then?? is it legal???? ( want to do something like that on the front of my car... my uk spec plate looks too big (see pic)

think the laws have been tightened due to a lot of speed cameras using number plate recognition

It can be a total :censor: mate i had a nightmare finding someone to do mine then got pulled for it a week later was not amused luckily i still had the info in the car with me off the DVLA site so after the :censor: of a copper gave me a ticket next morning a went down to the police station and made an official complaint and told them to start using the law properly :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

simon :lol:

http://www.camera-shy.co.uk

Make these numberplates that speed camera's cant read apparently.

Whether they work or not they do offer any size of numberplate you want so check them out :thumbsup:

would be interesting to see about those camera shy plates

only trouble is they dont have the Toyota logo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gits :angry:

J