Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Got Any Altezza (rs200) Spec's Please?!

Willoh

Hi guys,

i currently have a classic Impreza @ around the 285bhp mark, i have always loved the Altezza and i'm considering having one imported but have never been in one to feel what the power output is like. I understand the Beams block puts out around 210bhp?? and obv it's RWD so i shouldn't loose AS much through the transmission as with my 4WD.

But does anyone have any good info and specs on this lovely motor? I.E. 0-60, accurate power displacement, are the Beams 3SGE vvti blocks easy to get more power out of? are the gearboxes smooth shifting, and is the Beams solid enough to take a supercharger?

Thanks people

I never ask much :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1999 Altezza RS200. There's a couple of different models of the Altezza when you're looking it them. There's the RS200 and the AS200. The RS200 has the BEAMS 3SGE with either a 6MT or a 5AT. the AS200 has a 1GFE engine and either a 6mt or a 5AT. the RS200, like you said has 210 bhp, but the AS200 only has 160bhp. The BEAMS 3SGE was built for high compression and RPM's for a great high end torque. The problem, like most 4 cylinder engines, the low end acceleration could be improved upon but the high end acceleration, anything above 5000 RPM's is great. This 3SGE was designed with high comp pistons with a compression of 11.50:1 making it a great N/A build. But be careful with the supercharger as to not over boost the engine. I've seen a couple of good supercharger kits for the car which replace the high comps for some low ones, enabling the engine to handle higher boost. I've seen a couple of Altezza's that have a turbo installed. My car currently Redlines at aprox. 8000 RPM's, but I've seen come with even higher comp pistons installed with a cryo'd crank and a few other upgraded internals rev at about 10000 RPM's making for a outstanding high end torque. I've only seen this engine bored to a 2.12L I'm sure that it couldn't get any bigger than that. The VVTI kicks in about 4500 RPM's on my car, and you can definitely feel it when it does.

Shifting on the Altezza is really smooth, but some times, the high end shifting can cause the car to shake a bit. There are no balancing rods in the engine so it shakes a lot. More than you think it should. It has some loud valve chatter. But that could be solved by getting harder engine mounts.

I've seen a couple of Altezza's with the 2JZE Sequential turbos pushing about 500bhp. I've also seen someone drop a RB34 in one.

I can't really give you exact stats, because I haven't dyno'd my car yet, but I can tell you. It's a ride that you would most definitely be impressed with.

• 1 month later...

Ah that's some brilliant info mate!! Thanks a lot for that. They certainly sound nice, even with the standard exhaust on very throaty.

You tend to get many vibrations and rattles inside the car?

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

i currently have a classic Impreza @ around the 285bhp mark, i have always loved the Altezza and i'm considering having one imported but have never been in one to feel what the power output is like. I understand the Beams block puts out around 210bhp?? and obv it's RWD so i shouldn't loose AS much through the transmission as with my 4WD.

But does anyone have any good info and specs on this lovely motor? I.E. 0-60, accurate power displacement, are the Beams 3SGE vvti blocks easy to get more power out of? are the gearboxes smooth shifting, and is the Beams solid enough to take a supercharger?

Thanks people

I never ask much :lol:

i have a toyota altezza rs 200 the 3g dual vvti yamaha standerd no modsbut its a auto trip in yellow 1999 iam puting it up for sale soon need a estate