Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Filter Fitment & Other Queries.

albi969

Hello All,

Just a quick one ( said the actress to the bishop ) ! :D .

Can anyone confirm for me that part no 90915-yzzj1 (toyota oil filter no ) will fit my 98 4afe 1.6 engine .

Also will Magnatec 10-40w (already purchased ) be a backward step regarding oil, as was last serviced at Toyota and i think they put Shell Helix semi synth in it and cant find the invoice

to confirm.. Should i use an engine flush ?Car on 45000 miles at the moment.

One last point is the drivers handbook for this car still available new ? ,as for the life of me i cant seem to find it and turned the house upside down looking for it.

Really need to get some order in my life :P

Regards

Albi

Can't answer the question bout the part number but about the engine oil...i suggest a fully synthetic oil. I'm currently using a Mobil1 15w50 ... but the oil viscosity should be based on the climate you're driving in. Check this site for more info : http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorOil...nce_10W-30.aspx

And yes...since you're changing the brand and type of oil in your engine, make sure to COMPLETELY remove the old one and you need to use engine flush too.

But that's only my opinion...let's wait for some other ideas.

Regards the running of a AE111 COROLLA 1998 1.6 with 4AFE engine.

Oil filter was part number 90080-91045 (dark blue in colour), but recently Toyota did change some of there part numbers for service items. However the above part number will correspond to the right filter on their system.

Personally NO engine flush... ...but regular oil changes every 3000 to 4000 miles (although hand book stupidly says 9000 !!! )

If in Great Britain/northern Europe then a semi-synthetic 10W/40 is best- although 10W/50, 5W/40, 5W/50 will be fine but NOT 20W/50 - it's too thick for oil ways!

Magnatic has not had good reviews on certain Jap car forums but have no experiance myself.

Handbook I believe is still available for 1997 - 2002 corolla.

----------------------------------------

4A-FE OIL CAPACITY (drain and refil), L (qt.,Imp. qt.):

With Filter ------------------------------3.2 ( 3.4, 2.8 )

Without Filter --------------------------3.0 ( 3.2, 2.6 )

Can anyone confirm for me that part no 90915-yzzj1 (toyota oil filter no ) will fit my 98 4afe 1.6 engine .

Yes it will, thats the one for you, available in packs of ten at a special price to members who sign up to our website

Also will Magnatec 10-40w (already purchased ) be a backward step regarding oil, as was last serviced at Toyota and i think they put Shell Helix semi synth in it and cant find the invoice

to confirm.. Should i use an engine flush ?Car on 45000 miles at the moment.

5/30 or 10/40 semi synthetic is perfectly acceptable, no need to go fully synthetic with that engine, an engine flush wouldnt do any harm

One last point is the drivers handbook for this car still available new ? ,as for the life of me i cant seem to find it and turned the house upside down looking for it.

Keep looking, its out of print :D

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links