Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Dashboard Warning Light

SimonZ

Hi all,

started the car this morning and just under the Fuel Gauge, a light turned on reading "ODO"

Does anybody know what this is please?

Tried searching on the net but couldnt find anything..

My car is a 1999 VVTLi if it helps...

Thanks

Simon

could mean that the odometer ( mileage ) is telling you a service is due ????????????

is the car an automatic??

Hi there,

its a 6 speed manual.

Honestly, im going to service it this weekend just to be sure.

Was worried it was some sort of ecu trouble or something..

a toyota dealer would be the best bet as k them what it is for ,as they have the tools to turn off the light.

Just gave Toyota a ring, apparently, i accidently pushed a button near the gearstick.

ODO means Overdrive and it squeezes a bit more out of the engine..

Never seen this button before but will have a look after work.

thats why i asked if its an auto - cos the wifes rav 4 has odo when i press a button too. i thought thats what 6th gear was for .. you learn every day i suppose

Does it do anything in particular?

The car us fast in 'normal mode', didny notice a difference with ODO to be honest...

in theory its like 7th gear ,it should drop the revs right down when cruising say at 70mph .

its purely for economy

Cool - pity cant use it here in Malta, only takes 40 minutes to drive from one side of the island to the other :-) and there is no way you will mantain 70mph for more than a few seconds

Cool - pity cant use it here in Malta, only takes 40 minutes to drive from one side of the island to the other :-) and there is no way you will mantain 70mph for more than a few seconds

I'll bet there is - you're just not trying hard enough!! ;)

Dont get me wrong, I race as much as I can but as we a small country with a lot of cars, you get a lot of congestion most of the time.

nice car btw ;)

i'd ride a donkey to live in malta, uk is lashing down with rain now . AGAIN !!

i'd ride a donkey to live in malta, uk is lashing down with rain now . AGAIN !!

Hun ......thats just doesn't sound right coming from you!!!!!!!!! :P

damn these pain killers - i meant - To live in malta id ride around ON donkey nevermind in a vvti celica. but you knew what i meant . :D :P

Good morning guys. just an update here..

I drove home after work yesterday and spent half an hour searching for this friggin Overdrive button. Called Toyota (again) and explained that my car is a 6 speed manual, not auto so there is no button on the gearstick.

Since mine is a Jap import, they sort of couldnt be bothered to help and told me to refer to the Manual. I tried that but funnily enough, we dont learn how to read Japanese in Malta so...

Does anyone know where this mysterious button is located? I bumped my head one too many times last night looking for the thing under the dashboard as well..

Your help very appreciated!

Simon

Err... I just read your original post again. Its 'ODO' right? If its the same as mine, thats your odometer (how much distance you've travelled). You have a milage counter and 2 trip counters. If you press the button in your display next to the speedometer, you flip between ODO, Trip A and Trip B. Press it a few times, see what happens! :)

• 11 years later...

what is the red light mean by the lock window of my 2000 toyota celica gts?

• 1 month later...