Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Lights?

y4ris

i believe that clear ones are available, i have just painted mine thinly with standard paint and i think they look gud!1

clear ones are available from demon-tweeks

and i think smoked ones are too from a company called inpro

got a pic!

they would b illegal but ive got 2 small reflectors on the corners of my numba plate so i think it legal but its plain sailin up until now and theyve been dun for bout 2 months,

:ph34r: lee

Rear lights

got a pic!

they would b illegal but ive got 2 small reflectors on the corners of my numba plate so i think it legal but its plain sailin up until now and theyve been dun for bout 2 months,

:ph34r: lee

Rear lights

I'm not even going to go into why thats the most stupid thing I've seen in quite a while, but suffice to say that should anyone ram you up the ***** at a roundabout one night in the near future, they have every legal right to claim from your insurance for the damage...

Wise advice GSB - believe me, I've had horrible problems with insurers in the past after crashes, and they'll sting you big stylee if anything is out of the ordinary or can be adjudged to be contributory to the accident :wacko:

Especially young drivers unfortunately, and you don't want to have even higher premiums!! Trust me :(

Cheers

Pav

The sad fact is that any modification you do to your car has to be declared to your insurance company. How do you think they'll react when you say, "I've painted my rear lights black..."

The other issues here are pure physics and the legality of the blacked out lights...

The law states that your lights must be clean. Didnt know that did you? It doesn't say it in those words obviously, but it means that nothing must interfere or obstruct the lights so that other road users cant see them. If you have dirty lights the police can and will pull you, fine you, and endorse your license. By painting over them with any kind of tint, or paint, you are reducing the transmission of light from your taillamps, by making them as black as the ones in the photo they may as well be covered in mud. They certainly no longer comply with the standards set in law for taillights and thus the car no longer complys with the construction and use regs. That means your insurance is invalid.

Now another word of warning: a few years ago a man I know was involved in an accident beacuse the person behind him couldn't see his rear lights. He served time in prison for the offense...

And just one other thing reagrding the black paint on those lights... It looks crap too.

Ah wel ill get ova it, its a risk u take and personally i like them but these things are all about wot u like 2 see on your car like some people put spoilers on NOVAs that look like they came off a boeing 747 :lol:

lee

can you get any other rear lights except for the lexus ones?

yeah you can about 130 quid lexus are about 180-200 quid

I've got clear rear lights on my yaris T-sport...u can see it in the gallery on page 45/46....I got mine from www.needforspeed.co.uk they were 130+VAT. If u want the legal ones its 180+vat. The only difference between legal and illegal is the reflector...so far ive had no probs touch wood....i would advise you buy silver indicator bulbs to stop the orange shining through when there not on...got them from Revolution Motorstore for 14.99 :thumbsup:

Nash did you have any problems fittin the lights in?

Vmail I had no probs whatsoever fitting the lights...you simply unclip the panel from inside the boot, remove the nut holding the light in place and then pull from outside to remove the unit your replacing....

yeah thats the easy bit....but... some of the holes are small so the bulbs wont fit and it looks as if there is only one bulb holder supplied, cant use my old bulb holders because they are a different size

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links