Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Subs?

knightrider

i'm after 2 8in and 1 15in subs, i want good sound quality and relativly loud ive got bout £300 to spend i would prefer all the same make ive been lookin at audiobahn and last yrs vibes (vibe no longer make a 8in)

any suggesstions

thanx

lee :thumbsup:

vibe are good for the bass4

or look at the low end kicker or rockford fosgate stuff but mite need to save another 50 quid or so

alternatively go for alpine or the like

:thumbsup:

so u dont think much 2 the audiobahn subs then? i heard some at a show 2 15's and i was amazed they hit so low and i culd feel it from quite a distance and it wasnt very loud at the time,

i can get vibes tho a bloke on eBay who isnt to far away but wont deal direct says hes too busy but postage is cheap so may take him up and maybe get some 6x9's off him 2 if he'll do a deal!

cheers jaxx

ps ill look into the alpine too :thumbsup:

to be honest ive never hear audiobahn although im helping a lad fit some too a clio so i should be able to comment soon

:thumbsup:

yeah give us feed back wen ur done it will be a few wks til i get em ne way cuz i wanna shop around!

cheers jaxx :thumbsup:

is this budget purely for the Speakers, or ampage too? if you got £300, why not invest in summin like an Infinity Perfect VQ sub in 12". these are around £200ish, then spend the rest on whatever else you might need....

They are mighty good subs, and you can change the depth of the port on the back of the sub to change the way it sounds....

better still, save up another £100 and get yourself two!

• 3 months later...

ey up!

i gotta 12''vibe with built in amp..

its really good value for money if thats wot ur wantin.

hits deep bass and is still punchy enough for faster beats.

remember tho when those audiobahn 15''s were pumpin at a show i bet they had a fair bit of wattage bein fired in by a really powerful pair or more of amps.

so its swings an roundabouts.u can have the daddy of subs but u have to get the daddy of amps to power it to make it sound good. :thumbsup:

get on eBay now and by 2 10" vibes for 60 quid with a fiver for postage,i did and they are well sweet,delivered next day and are well loud!

• 3 weeks later...

What are you planning to power everything with?

Until we know that then i couldn't say what to buy.....

• 4 weeks later...

the audiobahn stuff is not bad can drop low but cant punch to save its life,the vibe stuff is quality and i would go for thm,not that im biased!

hou have all vibe subs, like the ones you have, do they all have in biult amps?

Cheers

Matt

No mate the amps are on the floor:

Install2.jpg

They are quality subs tho,will have to show you in person next time im in the area,where bouts do you work as will be in ponty on friday!

I work in the co-op, 5-8 in the afternoon on a friday in CASTLEFORD (pioneer)

From 9 - 4 im at College in Pontefract...NEW College!

Matt

i went to new college last year,some of my mates still go there!

Never mind will catc up with you at some point im just off to the haribo shop then down to modded nationals!

whoaoaoaoa, Whats ya name was you driving last year?

i was at new college last year, i am in secound year now..

Matt

Mark houston was driving a 106 metalic grey with big zorst!hung around with matt snowdon,paul halford mark blatherwick,etc,was there for 2 yrs was boring a s f**k

Rockford fosgates subs are the TIT's my mate has 2 12's and a 15" well nice, but can be expensive

i love my JBL 12" 1000watt sub i would go for a good brand name if your going to push the sub it will hav a longer life in it.

Mate for the love of god what ever you do dont mix and match sub sizes. Do yourself a favour and spend the money on either one amazing sub or two good subs of the same size! seriously different sized cones in the same system only screw up the sound.

if you want the tecnical reasons ill give them but i cant be ****d to type it up now.

If i were you on a budget of £300 for a sub and amp i personally would go for a Genisis 10" and there bottom of the range single channel amp.

If its £300 for just the sub then get the Genisis 12" Seriously they are unbelievable for their price.

Dont be fooled by the fact that Genisis dont give twaxpower ratings on the side of the box, just because it doesnt say 10000000watt RMS with a red flexi cone or some BS doesnt mean it wont perform. A mate of mine in the industry has heard the Genisis 12" up against a JL W7 and said that they are on par with each other.

If i were you i wouldnt go for RF/JBL/Alpine/Pioneer etc etc they pretty much suck. Vibe are just about reasonable but they are going sour with age. JL, Orion, Focal and Genisis are the real masters at sound at the moment for a reasonable budget if you had stupid money to play with i would recomment a JL w5/7 but for £300 you cant go wrong with Genisis

Panzer

*edit* just re-read your original post, please oh please dont get 6*9s and subs unless the 6*9s are in their own enclosed unit and the subs are in a proper install. Once again i will give you the proper technical explanation if you really want it but for now take my word on it that subs in the boot and 6*9s in a shelf = **** SQ and will kill your Speakers over time.

Panzer

Was going to suggest JL's .. but then saw your price range ..

That would get you one sub ..

Bibbs, you are correct for his budget he could only get one sub without an amp for what im recommending. However, if he already has an amp then i would put money on one good sub sounding 10 times better that the three he was thinking about originally. So he would only need one anyway.

Panzer

I live in Ponte and have a 12'' Sub and matching Amp (with all wiring) sat in the garage.

My brother-in-law has all the technical data for it and is passing it on tomorrow.

If you or anyone's interested leave a message and i shall get back with more info.

I'm looking for about £150 ONO.

Gaz.

• 3 weeks later...

Above is a Lightening Audio Amp with matching 12" Sub both in Yellow, with all wiring. As new.

I know of a few JL audio 12" subs for sale ..

Look for my post in the "For Sale" section ..