Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

When To Re-torque Alloys

Scotsman

Hi,

Just wondering whether you should re-torque after 100 miles when alloy wheels are removed and refitted, or if its only needed when installing new alloys?

I had my front disks and pads done at the weekend by a friend and took the opportunity to have all wheels removed so I could clean them.

Cheers.

Once a wheel is removed from a car it is recommended that the wheel nuts/studs are checked after 15 miles or 20 minutes driving.

• 2 months later...

I agree... Although I nearly came a cropper with this after I had my wheels powder coated! I double checked them all then drove to the Nurburgring... on the way hom on the motorway one worked loose!

I can only imagine that the powdercoating compressed taking the torque off the wheel bolts.. None actually came out, but they worked loose enough for me to feel it! - so It won't hurt to recheck them after 1000 too!

Glad they didn' work loose at 150+!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links