Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bio Diesel

mike787

Hello all, my wife has had a diesel Yaris since they were first introduced, an 02 reg'. It has been superb with just the one defective wheel bearing on the FOS. I am just about to take delivery of a brand new D4D for myself. The question, can either of these cars use bio diesel fuel? If so, are any modifications required and would it invalidate any warranty if it was to be used.

I think you're okay up to B20 (80% dino-juice, 20% bio). There's a great forum at www.biodieselnow.com that nshould be able to help!

I posted loads about this a while ago - it might be worth you searching for "biodiesel" under my username...

Hth,

A

Hello all, my wife has had a diesel Yaris since they were first introduced, an 02 reg'. It has been superb with just the one defective wheel bearing on the FOS. I am just about to take delivery of a brand new D4D for myself. The question, can either of these cars use bio diesel fuel? If so, are any modifications required and would it invalidate any warranty if it was to be used.

As it is brand new, ask the dealer and if they say it is ok, get them to put it in writing. That way, any comeback must surely fall on them! Having said that, surely the dealers bumf on the new vehicles they sell, should say something, somewhere about this?

Thanks, I have read elsewhere that some models must have different filters fitted. Just wondered if that would be the case with the Yaris. When I go to one relative's home, there is a place I pass selling bio diesel, thought I'd check out the price of it compaired to 'normal' diesel and perhaps give it a go, if it is cheaper. I don't think I'll be able to run them purely on bio diesel even if I wanted to. Not enough dealers around. I'm more concerned with getting more mpg than 'going green'. I want the cheapest running costs possible!

Well speaking as a spanna man id say don`t do it. Just remember that the diesel fuel pump on the engine relys on diesel to lubricate it. So one question is, would you put chip oil in the engine instead of engine oil just because its cheaper? No? Well I personally would`nt risk it in the fuel tank either. But, its your choice. I think Mr T would probably say it invalidates your warrenty too.

Looked at a Toyota warrenty book today. It states that if you use any "fluid" that is not specified in the owners manual, it invalidates the warrenty.

Thanks for that info Benno uk, I guess it's not worth it. I will ask the dealer though when I go to collect it in a couple of days time, just to see what they say on the topic. The wife's car has been on normal diesel all it's life and has been superb, hence buying a second. Wouldn't want to risk anything for the sake of a few quid.

Well I've collected the new car. A subtle differnce between the original 02 reg' Yaris diesel and today's. A bit nippier and a tad quieter on first impressions. A bit more room in the right places, (for me). I did make enquiries into the use of bio diesel in both the cars we own and my dealer stated that Toyota have not tested their engines with it, so I was advised not to use it as it would invalidate the warranty.