Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super Or Turbo Cahrger Kit?

axsaxoman

Hi,

new member can anyone give me links to a company doing a proper super or turbo charger kit,

and does any one know how reliable these are.

would a kit for a c1 also fit

Hi,

new member can anyone give me links to a company doing a proper super or turbo charger kit,

and does any one know how reliable these are.

would a kit for a c1 also fit

Banzai magazine are in the process of finishing off a supercharger kit in conjunction with a UK company, that will be available soon.

Search the forum for the related posts or pick up the magazine to get more details.

Oh dear lord..... what is the point....

Supercharging or Turbocharging an aygo is like trying to make a tortoise faster by giving it a pair of Addidas, its still going to be slow.

But to answer the question....the engine in a C1 is the same one as in the Aygo so yes (unfortunately) a charger kit from an aygo will fit a c1 too.

But i suggest a better way to spend your money is to dump the 1litre lump from the front and stick a 3SGTE in the rear (which has been done).

Leeky: I know you've already got an Aygo but if you've driven my car you will understand the point. It is an unusual car to choose but that is exactly the point. As a magazine we have to try and take the lead, offer innovation, and keep abreast of the times.

Chucking a big V8 engine into a car is an old-skool tuning method. Effective for sure, but it's one that you'll pay for at every step of the way. Think massive fuel bills, steep insurance, the highest possible rate of road tax banding, and more CO2 emissions than you could counteract by recycling.

This Aygo project is based on the power-to-weight theory of making a car fast. I reckon my supercharged Aygo, with its 130bhp and 790kg kerbweight, is better than most overtly performance cars out there. Trust me, this is a car that will be undertaking big power cars through the corners and not shaming itself down the straights either.

Add in the Aygo's original group one or two insurance category, £35 a year road tax (which won't alter after supercharging) and mega miles per gallon and you can't go far wrong. What's more, if the Government do decide to make their proposed changes to London's congestion charging zone and base it on CO2, the Aygo will get in for free!

Massive fuel bills? no, i can get 30mpg on the supra easy if i drive carefully. Steep Insurance, not really £600 full comp. £190 road tax, 230kg's co without cats. But its not trying to be an Aygo, its a performance car.

I see the point of the Aygo, thats why i have one...but i dont see the point of tuning an Aygo sorry. The little 1ltr engine was never designed for performance and throwing money at it seems pointless to me when you could chuck it in favour of a proper performance engine. Or even better dont tune it at all and buy a weekend car with the money you would otherwise throw at tuning it.

The Aygo's strong point is its lightweight handling, and if your going to try to track an aygo i believe thats the area to focus on. Not the engine. The chassis isnt designed to take loads of power to the front and also more power will upset the handling.

130bhp is a lot for an aygo admittedly, but its not going to be able to keep up with big power cars. You'll need a much higher power to weight ratio that than, then you also need to get the power down which is going to be a mission on the front wheels of an aygo.

Although we may not be thinking of the same big power cars here. Im talking about GTR Skylines, MR2 turbo's, Supra TT's Evo's etc

Otherwise i love the Aygo, one of the best cars i've ever owned. But it comes down to tools for the job. And when it comes to performance i just dont see the Aygo as ever being the right tool for the job as its designed for the complete opposite.

I'd just add that with a supercharger and the uprated brakes and suspention and bracing you'd need with it, you'd be taking the aygo beond 950kg probably. I'd also be suprised with its tyre size, wheel base, and center of gravity, if it could out corner somthing like a Celica. And being realistic, forced induction will also do considerable harm to emmisions, fuel economy and insurance. Even on an aygo.

It's a light car, but the chassis is not elise light. 890kg kerb weight stock.

I'm with Leeky, its a cheap and cheerful daily drive thats good on fuel. Charging it is exactly like 'trying to make a tortoise faster by giving it a pair of Addidas'. :lol:

I'd just add that with a supercharger and the uprated brakes and suspention and bracing you'd need with it, you'd be taking the aygo beond 950kg probably. I'd also be suprised with its tyre size, wheel base, and center of gravity, if it could out corner somthing like a Celica. And being realistic, forced induction will also do considerable harm to emmisions, fuel economy and insurance. Even on an aygo.

I'm with Leeky, its a cheap and cheerful daily drive thats good on fuel. Charging it is exactly like 'trying to make a tortoise faster by giving it a pair of Addidas'. :lol:

There’s a substantial metal bar/cross member running behind the dashboard. Together with the stock anti-roll bars (the rear one is integrated with the trailing arm) I don’t think a strut brace is essential

There’s a substantial metal bar/cross member running behind the dashboard. Together with the stock anti-roll bars (the rear one is integrated with the trailing arm) I don’t think a strut brace is essential

i disagree totally about the effect boosting will have on emissions --thats why all car makers are going for boosted smaller engined cars to get the power they require coupled with the performance when needed.

the key is having the right ecu mods .

anyway no onehas answerd my question

who makes a kit and how much and post a before and after power graph if available please

my question: who makes a kit

No one makes a kit (yet?)

Axsaxoman: TTS Performance's fully developed supercharger kit will be available soon. Keep an eye out on this forum and in Banzai magazine for when I reveal news of its launch. Currently, though, my car has gone from a standard 67bhp to a substantial 130bhp.

i disagree totally about the effect boosting will have on emissions --thats why all car makers are going for boosted smaller engined cars to get the power they require coupled with the performance when needed.

Which manufacturers are boosting smaller engines? I can only think of Smart who are still making small charged engines. Suzuki and Daihatsu used to but i think they stopped now.

Yes there is a large metal bar in the dash, but every car i've ever worked on has been the same. Unless the bar is bolted to the suspension tops (which it isnt) then its still going to give when pushed.

Saying that though i do rate the Aygo as being one of the best handling small cars available. Toyota have done a great job of making it fun to drive.

Chucking a big V8 engine into a car is an old-skool tuning method.

Even though they were supercharging cars for more grunt in the 20s ;)

Are there any dyno graphs, oir quarter miles slips or anything else of this car??

Just out of interest :)

Instead of waisting loads of money just for a turbo, maybe you should just remap the engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hav u ever thought of that??? :huh: :o

and u can hav an increase of around 30bhp and higher tourque which is a lot for a small car. B) :D

Instead of waisting loads of money just for a turbo, maybe you should just remap the engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hav u ever thought of that??? :huh: :o

and u can hav an increase of around 30bhp and higher tourque which is a lot for a small car. B) :D

Eh? im sorry and i genuinely dont mean to offend but you obviously dont know much about tuning engines.

There is NO WAY ever that you could get an extra 30bhp from remapping an Aygo engine. If you tweek the map you are more likely going to gain about 3bhp if your lucky.

there is no car on the planet that you could get a 40% + increase in power from a remap over the std makers map ,unless it was a turbo car and you lift the boost at same time

there is no car on the planet that you could get a 40% + increase in power from a remap over the std makers map ,unless it was a turbo car and you lift the boost at same time

well it can def go up by 25% and its still good enough..... secondley if u want a turbo then buy the diesel version as that has a turbo!!!! if u desperatly need a performance type then y u wasting time getting a turbo for an economical car.....u'll need to remap, change parts of the engine to cope with turbo and this will cost u wads of money!! y don't u just go and buy a toyota glanza!?!?! they hav 1.3 turbo and can do 0-60 in like 6-7 seconds and for some weird reason the insurance is not bad, u can also do a lot of modifications to the glanza and its a light weight car at roughly 960kg!!!

so y put a performance turbo into a aygo or equivalent??? :huh:

To make it more powerful perhaps?

I'd very much doubt you can get an extra 25% from an Aygo via a remap; Leeky's figure of 3bhp is probably conservative, but I'm pretty sure it's nearer the mark than your 25% (previously 40%).

Yes, the Glanza's a great car, but not everyone wants an older car; the safety features for example of the Aygo are in a different league to cars from the Glanza's day. And plenty of other great Toyotas have had turbo power, but there aren't that many sports coming off the Toyota production line these days.

I don't understand why so many people are against forced induction for the Aygo. Almost any N/A car can benefit from a turbo or supercharger, and it's up the owner whether it's right for them. Personally I wouldn't go that route with a new car, but hey, it's a free world.

I can certainly see the appeal of a mordern car like the Aygo with considerably more power. No, it won't be as economical as a standard Aygo, and it probably won't last as long. But it'll sure be a lot of fun to drive.

A standard celica gen 6 (3sge) with a remap will gain approx 5bhp at the very very best. On a 1ltre Aygo engine i'd put money on not being able to gain more than 2bhp.

well it can def go up by 25% and its still good enough..... secondley if u want a turbo then buy the diesel version as that has a turbo!!!! if u desperatly need a performance type then y u wasting time getting a turbo for an economical car.....u'll need to remap, change parts of the engine to cope with turbo and this will cost u wads of money!! y don't u just go and buy a toyota glanza!?!?! they hav 1.3 turbo and can do 0-60 in like 6-7 seconds and for some weird reason the insurance is not bad, u can also do a lot of modifications to the glanza and its a light weight car at roughly 960kg!!!

so y put a performance turbo into a aygo or equivalent??? :huh:

so you are saying that toyota --the largest car maker in the world don,t know how to map an engine --don,t think so

why would any car maker leave 25% bhp lurking in the engine ,just for the sake of altering the map.

I run a tuning buisness and can tell you for cetain that you will be lucky to get 10% increase from a remap on a modern n/a car .

most times its so small as to not worth the expense .

yes you can improve throttle response ,at loss of economy or emissions .

I would like to think I know what I am doing ,having been doing it for 30 years +( www.gmcmotorsport.co .uk ),but i would never say I can map a car better than the maker to give extrta power with no downsides on the lateset generation of cars.

they spend months fine tuning the maps for best all round performance ,so without altering mechanical spec it would a little big headed to think i could gain 25% on the maker on a n/a car .

turbo,s its easy cos the first thing you do is raise the boost ,and sod the emissions on acceleration

A standard celica gen 6 (3sge) with a remap will gain approx 5bhp at the very very best. On a 1ltre Aygo engine i'd put money on not being able to gain more than 2bhp.

dumping the cat will be the biggest gain you will get for money spent --usually 5-8% on any car and snappier acceleration-- add a blower and you will double the power . but power costs money and cost to do a blower conversion is appoximately same on any car --give or take a bit.

I,m the other UK rotrex dealer

Oh dear lord..... what is the point....

Supercharging or Turbocharging an aygo is like trying to make a tortoise faster by giving it a pair of Addidas, its still going to be slow.

You be the judge! :lol:

C1 Cup Cars

Paul.

Which manufacturers are boosting smaller engines? I can only think of Smart who are still making small charged engines. Suzuki and Daihatsu used to but i think they stopped now.

Smart do the new fortwo in both non turbo and turbo. Power goes up from 71 to 84bhp and there is a massive difference in the way they drive. And the new brabus version has 100bhp

VW have their 1.4 with a turbo AND supercharger that gives about 167bhp and lower emmsions that the equivalent 2.0 in the golf

Fiat are doing a 1.4 turbo in the bravo, punto & 400 arbath

Renualt do a 1.2 turbo in the clio and twingo

and thats just the ones i can remember!

And back on topic, i can understand why someone wants to modify an aygo. Its like the smart crowd (ie me) that like to tune the hell out of their cars!

I judge it pointless still :D :lol: ;)

I don,t think its pointless blowing the doors off big cars like yours with a puddle jumper

-the look on the owners face of a new bmw m3 when i blew him away with a saxo vts+ s/c is what having a fast car is all about

poping out from brhind him at 130 and pulling alongside ,back off just a touch ,look at him,then nail it and leave him is what its all about.