Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Original Or Slightly Lowered Springs

ollygt4

Hi All

Have been driving round in my 185 for a year now and the rediculously low ride hide is starting to ***** me off (60mm+ lowered) :angry2: . Can any one recomend a good set up on the suspention that isnt rock hard and isnt to expensive or should i go back to stock setting.

cheers olly

Hi Mate,

Brand new stock springs and shocks from toyota will be around £150 per corner at least, but to be honest you'd be lucky to get change from £800 i'd wager. (Ive looked into getting brand new suspention for my ST202 from Toyota.... Ouch!).

You could get KYB Shocks & Eibach Springs for about £500 which would be about a 30-35mm drop.

Or you could Get Koni Adjustables and Eibach springs (Rear turrets need welding work doing to them first apparantly) for about £650ish

D2's are a possiblity, would'nt like to guess at a price though. These are quite harsh though, i've been told.

Teins, £850 including uprated upper mounts, Excellent Ride quality, adjusts from -12mm to -65mm.

I would personally avoid Spax, Apex, H&R, G-Max etc.

On a further note,

If your interested in going stock i'll have a set of standard shocks and springs (In perfect working order) by the end of december / early January as i'm have work done to my 185 and i've got some teins on order. I doubt it makes any differance but they will be off a 1992 JDM Widebody ST185 Import.

If your interested let me know, and we'll work out a fair price.

Hope this Helps

Thanks

Tony

Hello

cheers for the info, that offer sound good how much would you want for the stock items? I'll have to pay for postage cause stafford a little bit of a drive for me to collect. :D

olly