Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will Toyota Ever Return To Wrc?

ferriter

Will they ever come back to wrc?. :unsure: They must be feeling that they are`nt getting anywhere in f1, and they wont with the drivers they have. Just seems a pity that they are putting so much effort into f1 and not getting anywhere really. Would be nice to see them back in rallying.

Will they ever come back to wrc?. :unsure: They must be feeling that they are`nt getting anywhere in f1, and they wont with the drivers they have. Just seems a pity that they are putting so much effort into f1 and not getting anywhere really. Would be nice to see them back in rallying.

I don't see it happening any time soon, if ever.

I expect we'll see more from Lexus on the Touring Car circuit perhaps, but Toyota brand image seems to be moving in the opposite direction.

Toyota have always won, eventually. In whatever racing series they have contested. So... It looks like we're in for a long haul with F1!

They shold grab 'lonzo, whilst he's being left dangling! It don't matter how good the car is, if your drivers are poo. So are you! They should give Button the rocket, and re-mortgage some of 'The City'. To put them up with a chance.. Can't see them ever beating the likes of Ferrari. They should have got Jean Todd when he was available.

Or do something wild, like fitting a H2 cell!!

Why would they go back into WRC?, they have been there and won at the highest levels, albeit many years ago. Like it or not, F1 has global appeal, no matter where you are in the world, everybody has heard of it. Toyota's promise is to win both the manufacturers title and drivers title, and when they set their mind to something, they do it. They are in for the long haul, and money is no problem, Toyota are a cash rich company who could buy out F1 with the petty cash! I think you will see some big improvements over the next few years, they do all their own developments, design and build, so they only have themselves to blame if they dont do it. Lets all be grateful Alonso hasnt been signed by them, overpaid and petulant drivers you can do without, I hope they use some of the homegrown Japanese talent that they already have driving test cars for them

Kingo :thumbsup:

Its true. Toyota won a lot during the 90's. Sainz and the Corolla.

If they did return though, would they use the Caldina?

For the F1 championship. Toyota need to pull out some stops. Honda and Super Aguri try to champion Japanese drivers, look where it gets them.

Poor Alonso, he's always getting it in the neck. For sure, nobody called him names when he drove for Renault, everyone thought he was great. I reckon Big Ron let him down, support wise. Signing Alonso was a greedy move. He should have stated at the signing that he wanted or intended Lewis Hamilton to be his #1 Driver, you cant have two #1's. Maybe Ron's maths isnt so good. Or he didnt believe that LH would be so good. Either way. Alonso was duped and then left out in the cold. No wonder he got all overly defensive..

I'm hoping Renault will get fined and pull out. Leaving Alonso, still up for grabs. Toyota should go for it and sign him anyway

He should have stated at the signing that he wanted or intended Lewis Hamilton to be his #1 Driver, you cant have two #1's.

No you can't have two number one's, what you have is two number two's fighting to be number one, the trouble with giving somebody the number one title is you get too big for yer boots. The better driver deserves the title of No1, it should'nt be a part of your contract, you need to earn it, he is still a petulant overpaid driver who shot himself in the foot!

Kingo :thumbsup:

They should give Button the rocket,

Button drives for H**DA. I think they might get a little upset or roll around laughing, if Toyota said 'your sacked' when he doesn't drive for Toyota! :wacko:

Back on topic.

Toyota in the WRC, not a snowball's chance.........

Very sorry to say it but the WRC is a sleepy backwater as far as the worlds media is concern and without media coverage, no advertisers, no money, little interest from the manufactures.

Lol. Thought nobody would notice!! :!Removed!:

Jenson 'The chocolate' Button, does not drive for Toyota. Which is a good thing. I thankyou.

It doesn't matter how good they make the Honda. Jenson will always be the weakest component for them. So Ralf was, for Toyota..

Glock looks promising, though. Maybe we'll see him come good, In 2008. Trulli, on the other hand has never been all that quick, and he's been in F1 for years. He should've been relegated to test driver, by now.. To make way for the best option. Alonso..

Trulli, on the other hand has never been all that quick, and he's been in F1 for years. He should've been relegated to test driver, by now.. To make way for the best option. Alonso..

Sorry :( He's gone back to Renault.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links