Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sadly My Mr2 Died Today Well As Of Now..

92mr2

Ive only had my car for 3 weeks and today on the way home i heard a tap tap when i accelerated and even when i let off... It soon became louder and louder...not realizing (dont know wut i was thinking I knew better) I kept driving. I pulled over when it got so loud and when i opened the hood to the engine smoke poored out and my dash was lit up. I couldnt see ne thing to check the oil.. I took the dip stick out and couldnt get it back in since i couldnt see ne thing plus first time removing since i got the car. I continued home cause only a few miles and it died..the engine shut off and i was on the side of the road less than half a mile away :(... But it did start again when I got my dad there and a friend stopped and said it smelled like oil and we moved the car forward and sure enough there was oil puddles where the engine had been sitting over... I got it towed to the macanics to see wut the damage is...lets hope not the whole motor but it starts.. I would say def the pistons since it was making the sound like it was them...no oil too them so prolly fried..ne ideas or comments...plz be gentle..Im hurting now... And i just put white 17's on it yest :(.

Sorry for this being so long but I needed to vent...

Sounds like the big ends have gone which is what happened to mine which unfortunately is a new engine job :(

sorry for the bad news and hope its something else....

oh and welcome to the club....

Speak to MattMR2 if it needs a new engine .. probably cheaper in the long run ..

but with oil on the floor etc it souldn't pretty terminal

well its getting checked out today hopefully...so I should know later on or tomorrow... If I need a new motor does ne one know a decent place to get a 3sgte motor, cause if i need a new engine im gonna get the better one :)...Ill make some good out of it... I hope i dont need a new engine o yea and I am in the USA so I guess places around here would be nice..ty

Sounds like big ends to me. Did the oil ***** out of the dipstick hole? I would imagine so, since the oil is pressurised to some extent in the engine, and it wouldn't be too hard for it to flood out of that hole. However, I suspect that this wasn't the primary cause considering that it was noisey before you took the dipstick out. As ryan says it is a new engine/rebuild job. TBH it would be cheaper to source a good second hand engine from a scrapped vehicke and get it fitted. I suspect this will cost you anywherefrom £1000 - £2000 inc. fitting etc.

As for places to get an engine - in the USA I've no idea, though I wouldn't imagine they're too hard to come by, especially considering the car was officially sold in the USA. Try the IMOC http://www.mr2.com - the international MR2 Owners club, someone oin the forum there will no doubt be able to point you in the right direction.

or if in the USA .. try www.mr2faq.com .. it's a good site for US based people .. but come back !!