• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldSkoO1

• SF695

• Mister MMT

• Parts-King

How about Engines ??? Also Automatic trans will be on a Diesel or Not???

Can You confirm that this picture showing new 2009 avensis or not ???

002.jpg

newavensis.jpg

I am toying with the idea of changing my T4 53 plate in 2008. I do a very low mileage so my T4 is immaculate.

The new PRIUS seems a better buy for me rather than a new Avensis. some of the comments on this forum about a new Avensis seem to me to make the Prius a better buy????????

No Hatch?? oh good grief! Whats the point in that lovely huge boot if you can't get to it!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am Belgian and I wiil change my old Carina E to a new avensis in the next 4 months. So I found your topic about the future generation of Avensis...

Do you have some photos or more informations about this model?

I was looking for a new avensis model 2007 and when I saw your subject oabout the new 2009 model, I would like to know if it's better to wait one year again or not to buy one?

Thanks for all.

Belgiantoyotaowner.

Not sure about engines, but diesel auto WILL be an option I believe

Kingo :thumbsup:

Not sure about engines, but diesel auto WILL be an option I believe

As long as its not an MMT Automatic :eek: :D

In my research about this new one, I found this:

Avensis 2008

Is this a good preview of the future version?

This site is in japanese or chinese, I have difficulties to make difference between these signs... :wacko:

Intersting,

Whats pricing on the new car?

It's not due out till 2009 so pricing has not been established yet, I am lead to believe the car will be an Auto, not MMT but who knows what final decisions will be made. MMT's are used for better fuel consumption and lower emissions... The policy of everbody these days is if it lowers emissions...fit it :eek:

It would be quite a bold move not to have a hatchback version in the UK market. Booted versions of the popular makes never sell in large numbers here.

Maybe Toyota wants to go head to head with BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Volvo and avoid competition with the new Mondeo??

Auto Express have a pic of the estate. It looks looks to get a clam Shell bonnet (like Saab).

• 2 weeks later...

Hope the auto is not a dark ages 4 speed auto again. BMW have 6 speed auto, better economy and performance.

The latest BMW diesels also sip less fuel but go faster then the previous engines, which defies physics a bit.

BMW Mini D does 60mpg in the urban cycle!!!!!!!!!!!! more than the Prius I believe (smaller car though)

Prius needs a diesel engine instead of that 'thirsty' petrol

Lexus has hybrids now, so would be interesting if they did an Avensis hybrid

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9080226.019.Mini4L2.jpg

New Toyota Avensis Spy Photos & Rendering

Our spy photographers have caught these early images of the upcoming 2010 model year Toyota Avensis undergoing winter testing in Scandinavia. Less than two months ago we showed you the first pictures of the Avensis sedan and the Avensis wagon, scheduled to be released six months after the sedan. Don't mark your calendar just yet, but Toyota could very well launch the third-generation Avensis at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show in one year's time. Since its launch in 2003, the second-generation Avensis has fetched the European Car of the Year award in 2004 and racked up sales of 156,000 units in 2005 alone. The current Avensis received its mid-product life cycle facelift at the Madrid Motor Show in 2006.

But given the fierce competition the Avensis is facing in the up-market medium-sized car market from e.g. the Mazda 6, Toyota is in the process of updating the Avensis range, with reportedly a hybrid, all-wheel drive and diesel hybrid models being available by 2010. Interestingly, the word is that the new Avensis will feature a high mounted gear lever, familiar to those who've driven the Toyota Auris or why not the previous Honda Civic Type-R.

HERE IT IS NEW 2009 AVENSIS :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

I suspect the new 2009 Avensis already exists in the USA - named the Camry!

If you go to www.toyota.com you will see that it is the spitting image of the photo provided in an earlier post by carusel.

Sorry - tried to attach the photo but don't know why it won't work!!!

If you go to www.toyota.com you will see that it is the spitting image of the photo provided in an earlier post by carusel.

Lets try a link:-

Visit My Website

Lets try a link:-

Visit My Website

Sorry Berti, but no. The Camry is very different to the car pictured in Carusel's post. Go to the 360 views of the Camry and place it side on. The front of the Avensis is angular, not as curved as the Camry. The boot on the Camry is much longer. The Avensis is much more dynamic looking with a wedge shape to it, sloping window line etc. The easiest difference to spot is in the rear door/window. The Avensis has a distinctive BMW-style 'hofmeister kink', the Camry a simple triangular finish to the window line.

Assuming Carusel's post is the new Avensis, I am very impressed. They have created a much more dynamic style and, unlike both Mazda (6) and Honda (Accord) have gone for something that is more than just a bigger, edgier, version of the previous model. Another positive, although it's hard to tell, I don't think it looks particularly big - which is good in my view - too many cars in this class are edging towards 5-series size.

• 2 months later...

Well i hope it turns out good because if toyota can't nail the avensis they are going to start loosing their crown.

The new mazda 6 for example is a VERY VERY good effort.

I will be swapping my t180 in about 3 years so i will be looking at a top of the range avensis if any good. Otherwise my money will go on a 330d/335d bmw or a top spec mazda 6.

If the Toyota Avensis III will actually be this...

9080226.019.1M.jpg

...and in the case that I would need a new car, definitely I would buy the Avensis III: always sedan, always petrol, always automatic (no matter if 4 or 5 speed, but I would not mind a 5 or 6 speed, mainly for prestige reasons), always silver metallic (wish the silver to gold 1C0 Sterling silver metallic).

Till now, with my current Avensis II, beyond scheduled maintenance and the steering shaft recall, I just replaced three 5W light bulbs.

ruota.gif

Jury is out, as ugly as the old one or bland as the Auris, lets wait and see?

More important is if they have sorted the T180' economy out, suspect they will hold back with it rather than stick the current engine in, if they have any sense, or hmmm?