• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldSkoO1

• SF695

• Mister MMT

• Parts-King

Mmm ... coupe.

Steady now Groovy! It will take a while for the biggy bank to recover after our current Toyota venture!

43.6 mpg this week, still driving like a fa** though, I have cracked up, dip dap doo dah!!!!

Well i hope it turns out good because if toyota can't nail the avensis they are going to start loosing their crown.

The new mazda 6 for example is a VERY VERY good effort.

I will be swapping my t180 in about 3 years so i will be looking at a top of the range avensis if any good. Otherwise my money will go on a 330d/335d bmw or a top spec mazda 6.

You do know the Mazda (I like it too!, we have something in common!) is just a knocked around Mondeo (nowt wrong there) with the same engine, as used in Ford, Citroen, Peugeot, Volvo and Jaguar?, regardless of what Mazda tell you, but still a smart car. But a 335 or 330 Ci is something else and the new A4's have set a level too.

I hope the new Avensis hits the mark, it has to, but if they just go stick the same engines in without modification (doubt they will) it will suffer. BUT how do you justify the depreciation? mine has gone from £22.5K to 9K in 20 months and 45K miles!

engine line up is the same as current avensis, the new zr type engine is likely to be available next year sometime, in the auris too. no hybrid engine is planned.

there is now talk of a 2 door coupe version, not confirmed though yet

Hi. This is my first post here.

They really cannot use the current petrol engines which are outdated and paired with 4-speed automatics. I would expect the 1.8 litre Dual VVT-i from Yaris and the 2.0 litre Valvematic, which is already available in Japan.

The Auris already has a ZR-engine, the 1.6 petrol. What are you referring to?

There is actually a coupe version of the current Avensis (built on the Avensis plattform), it´s called Scion tC:

http://www.scion.com/#tC

I am toying with the idea of changing my T4 53 plate in 2008. I do a very low mileage so my T4 is immaculate.

The new PRIUS seems a better buy for me rather than a new Avensis. some of the comments on this forum about a new Avensis seem to me to make the Prius a better buy????????

The Prius is superb if you do a lot of town driving (30mph or below). In this case the fuel consumption is unreal. If you do faster speeds all the time, stick to the Avensis in my opinion.

Jury is out, as ugly as the old one or bland as the Auris, lets wait and see?

More important is if they have sorted the T180' economy out, suspect they will hold back with it rather than stick the current engine in, if they have any sense, or hmmm?

the picture above is as near as dammit the car. it does look better in the flesh though.

engine line up is the same as current avensis, the new zr type engine is likely to be available next year sometime, in the auris too. no hybrid engine is planned.

avensis09-1.jpg

avensis09-2.jpg

avensis09-3.jpg

avensis09-4.jpg

Hi! Here are some of the guesses (some of them have been posted before) to what the next Avensis will look like. Would you please care to comment djx? I would very much appreciate if you could reveal to us what it measures, will it be bigger than the current Avensis?

Jury is out, as ugly as the old one or bland as the Auris, lets wait and see?

More important is if they have sorted the T180' economy out, suspect they will hold back with it rather than stick the current engine in, if they have any sense, or hmmm?

the picture above is as near as dammit the car. it does look better in the flesh though.

avensis09-1.jpg

avensis09-2.jpg

avensis09-3.jpg

avensis09-4.jpg

Hi! Here are some of the guesses (some of them have been posted before) to what the next Avensis will look like. Would you please care to comment djx? I would very much appreciate if you could reveal to us what it measures, will it be bigger than the current Avensis?

out of the 4 pics you posted the top one is the closest, not sure on exact measurements, but the estate (wagon) is slightly longer. i cant sit there measuring the car at work, they would ask questions, then i would probably get the sack, i aint risking that

Oh no! We wouldn't want that to happen, it's not that easy to come across an insider :)

I've also read somewhere that it will have Keyless-go as an option and that the interior will be similar to the one in Auris is this true? And do you know when the new estate is going in to production?

i think the new designs are going in the right direction.

So judging by the pics the new avensis looks promising. Slightly more aggressive design / curves etc which is exactly what toyota need to do.

Would be a shame if the avensis does has auris type interior. I have an auris and the interior ought to be a bit more sleek looking for 2008. I don't dislike it but they could sleek it up a bit and to put a similar interior in the avensis wouldn't go down well.

Fleet will buy tonnes of avensis anyway but they might start loosing out if they dont make the "salesmans" car be a nice place to be.

the interior is nothing like the auris one (thank god) , it does have a start button like the auris though on some models.

I reckon the interior will be a cross between the RAV4 plastic type trim and lexus style blue dials on the dash.

the interior is nothing like the auris one (thank god) , it does have a start button like the auris though on some models.

I reckon the interior will be a cross between the RAV4 plastic type trim and lexus style blue dials on the dash.

No clue what the interior will look like but I managed to get a glimpse on a video of the new Avensis in Nurburgring via this video.

Avensis 2009

This is what I saw in

djx thanks for the info so far

do you have any idea on the colours? will it be the same as the current line up.

I'm just hoping they will release a nice light blue like the BMW / Audi blue. The dark blue on the current avensis is so dull.

And the coupe could be very interesting!

out of the 4 pics you posted the top one is the closest, not sure on exact measurements, but the estate (wagon) is slightly longer. i cant sit there measuring the car at work, they would ask questions, then i would probably get the sack, i aint risking that

TBH mate if anyone from HR reads this youll be on the carpet anyway. trust me i know. i got carpeted for a fairly innocent comment a few years ago. they do keep tabs on what is posted on here.

just a heads up :thumbsup:

TBH mate if anyone from HR reads this youll be on the carpet anyway. trust me i know. i got carpeted for a fairly innocent comment a few years ago. they do keep tabs on what is posted on here.

they shouldn't be so tight on giving us sneak previews.

the germans are leaking stories and driving new cars around sometimes years in advance without camouflage.

toyota have been known to strap carboard to their cars right up until the release. :(

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

ruota.gif

Anyone know when toyota plan to do PR on the new Avensis / officialy show it off to the world?

I notice the new Vauxhall Insignia has just been shown off at London's Motor show. Seems to look a lot like the new Avensis. Headlights, higher rear body line crome body line surround on the windows, probably a similar grill, curved split rear lights; however the avensis i believe is split on the bootline and has a smaller bonnet and by the sounds of it is more sloped.

Its going on sale in Jan 2009 and i reckon toyota will also start sending the avensis out at this time, so dealers will have demo's in feb with LONG march waiting lists mostly to fleet.

If this is right, then it shows just how late toyota leave it to advertise their new cars compared to others.

Anyone know when toyota plan to do PR on the new Avensis / officialy show it off to the world?

[...]

I read on many car magazines that the Toyota Avensis III will be shown for the first time at the upcoming Paris Motor Show, October 2008.

• 2 weeks later...
I suspect the new 2009 Avensis already exists in the USA - named the Camry!

If you go to www.toyota.com you will see that it is the spitting image of the photo provided in an earlier post by carusel.

Sorry - tried to attach the photo but don't know why it won't work!!!

I suspect the new 2009 Avensis already exists in the USA - named the Camry!

If you go to www.toyota.com you will see that it is the spitting image of the photo provided in an earlier post by carusel.

Sorry - tried to attach the photo but don't know why it won't work!!!

I think you are almost right though the Camry in the states has been around for a couple of years already.

BUT I would like to if we can expect a Hybrid Avensis version like the Camry Hybrid in the US?

• 2 weeks later...

Has something happened to djx? Looks like he's been trying to clear himself.