Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Avensis 2009

djx

Toyota-Avensis_2009_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

I think this is the one of the first official photos. It will be revealed on the 2nd October at the Paris Motorshow. :D Looks quite smart actually.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldSkoO1

• SF695

• Mister MMT

• Parts-King

I think this is the one of the first official photos. It will be revealed on the 2nd October at the Paris Motorshow. :D Looks quite smart actually.

This is what I managed to find in a duch car magazine autoweek.nl.

There was a pic and a short text. I translated it in Google

We had to wait long, but finally have the first photo of the new Toyota Avensis. The car debuts, along with two other new Toyota's, at the Paris Motor Show.

The new Avensis gets more powerful engines, which means lower CO2 emissions.

This is the limited information provided by Toyota.

In addition, Toyota promises a higher quality and a more comprehensive standard equipment.

The Avensis grew five centimetres in length and width. The buyer can choose in the first instance of three petrol engines: a 1.8 with 132 or 147 hp and 152 hp strong 2.0. On the diesel end, there is a 2.0-liter with 126 or 150 horsepower and a 2.2-liter four with 177 hp. The new Avensis comes in the second quarter of 2009 on the market.

The picture:31859f5ea9a130f802a5766e7777837a.jpg

My verdict:

If this is the final version of the new Avensis: It's fantastic.

djx, now that the photo has been officialy published, would you mind confirming that this is the production model?

TIA

First official high-resolution photo:

- http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/08/updat...s-high-res.html

Does anybody know if the Avensis III shares its platform with the Avensis II?

P.S.: the body color in this first official photo seems to be the same 1C0 Sterling silver metallic of the Avensis II (note the difference between the body shade and the alloy wheels shade).

My verdict:

If this is the final version of the new Avensis: It's fantastic.

djx, now that the photo has been officialy published, would you mind confirming that this is the production model?

TIA

confirmed, i dont want to risk my job for the sake of some info. i have some pics on my phone of the saloon version half dismantled in the factory. no interior, no engine etc. pretty much a rolling Shell.

The main thing I don't like with a lot of modern Toyota's styling wise and this photo is the same is the recess for the door handles. I know all body panels are stamped but these look blatant and a bit messy, earlier Toyota's with the pull-out type handle and most Lexus have a much smoother appearance.

IMO Toyota should buy back ALL Avensis II 's in the world, scrap them, and give their owners Avensis III's for free.

The Av II is THE MOST UGLY car in the world, wheras the Av III looks beautiful - proves that big corporations CAN make mistakes. ( There again, I've a cousin who thinks the Ssangyong Rodius looks lovely !!!! )

Looking at that, yes it is a step in the right direction.

Its still typically toyota and very avensis like but at least their lines are a bit cleaner and more appealing. It certainly doesn't look ugly anymore. Its more conservative but "with the times".

I reckon the t180 will still be top of the range and that released photo is the d-cat version. I doubt they will have achieved more power or lower co2 on this either.

But the petrols are the new breed i believe.

Car still looks like its riding too high - even for the d-cat. Wheel arch gaps are big. Side photos don't reveal much. I'd like to see a back and front head on too.

We need a flesh photo too - this one must be a render. It doesn't have a rear windscreen wiper unless they got rid in favor of heat and angles.

Oldsko01: We need a flesh photo too - this one must be a render. It doesn't have a rear windscreen wiper unless they got rid in favor of heat and angles.

Just about every picture on Toyota's website is a CGI and not a "Real" photo. The picture above is certainly a CGI

Paris is the launchpad for the new model, so expect to see proper pictures by then

You can never confirm spec's up front, launch date is quarter two next year I believe, so a lot can happen in that time, but I think the engines are current engines with ECU upgrades for power and emissions enhancement (petrol) Diesels will be matched with a new auto box too (allegedly) :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Oldsko01: We need a flesh photo too - this one must be a render. It doesn't have a rear windscreen wiper unless they got rid in favor of heat and angles.

Just about every picture on Toyota's website is a CGI and not a "Real" photo. The picture above is certainly a CGI

Paris is the launchpad for the new model, so expect to see proper pictures by then

You can never confirm spec's up front, launch date is quarter two next year I believe, so a lot can happen in that time, but I think the engines are current engines with ECU upgrades for power and emissions enhancement (petrol) Diesels will be matched with a new auto box too (allegegly) :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

T180 with a DSG type auto box would be very welcomed :D

Well reading all of this gave me a giggle.

The car will be shown at Paris (2 October) and on sale in the UK from January.

The official picture is of a saloon. It's a teaser, not meant to give anything much away, just to generate coverage for us in magazines and web sites.

Well reading all of this gave me a giggle.

The car will be shown at Paris (2 October) and on sale in the UK from January.

The official picture is of a saloon. It's a teaser, not meant to give anything much away, just to generate coverage for us in magazines and web sites.

Whats funny about it?

Toyota are extremely tight about releasing renders of their new cars. I think we have established its just an example but unlike the past year of pencil drawings in jap magazines, spy shots of cars covered in cardboard and black material, we have established the 2009 avensis is going to look like that picture. Just like the gold auris last year, it had molded bumper twin tail pipes and different lights; again not really like the release model but you see 90% similarities.

Toyota give us nothing so you'd expect speculation. I actually think it would be a very good idea to release renders like this much earlier on. Let these pictures find there way through the internet and then get toyota employees to watch these forums for feedback. Go to car spy shots and you find opinions of thousands of people which in a controlled environment would take a lot of effort time and money to setup.

Its time to create cars that look good.

Looking at that, yes it is a step in the right direction.

Its still typically toyota and very avensis like but at least their lines are a bit cleaner and more appealing. It certainly doesn't look ugly anymore. Its more conservative but "with the times".

I reckon the t180 will still be top of the range and that released photo is the d-cat version. I doubt they will have achieved more power or lower co2 on this either.

But the petrols are the new breed i believe.

Car still looks like its riding too high - even for the d-cat. Wheel arch gaps are big. Side photos don't reveal much. I'd like to see a back and front head on too.

We need a flesh photo too - this one must be a render. It doesn't have a rear windscreen wiper unless they got rid in favor of heat and angles.

its a saloon, they arent having rear wipers, there isnt a hatchback option, just saloon and estate

I was told originally that the diesel was a 6 speed gearbox, but now I have learned it is a CVT with 6 'speeds'. The 4dr is stunning, and if you follow this link... I guarantee this is the exact model as I have seen the car on a video preview at a Toyota conference. Toyota are not makign a hatch (think BMW 3 series & Passat etc...) and they feel the buyers will move to the Tourer (I haven't seen this but my colleague has in a London Dealer visit and told me it was stunning too).

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-R...st-photograph2/

Regards, Will

(sorry, didn't read back far enough to see you have this picture already, but it is the proper car. I have Urban Cruiser UK spec too... 1.4 D4-D AWD with only 133 CO2)

Regards,

Will

That looks really nice even though it may not be ' the real' one, apart from the mazda 6 hatch i usually not keen on a big hatchbacks of this class(Accord dont have a hatchback anymore when they did in the late 90s it looked terrible back then imo :rolleyes: ) so being no hatch for avensis oh well! i wonder if this time the new avensis be based on the JDM corona premio / Allion apart from the new JDM premio/Allion isnt out yet which usually out before the avensis :unsure:

its a saloon, they arent having rear wipers, there isnt a hatchback option, just saloon and estate

Welcome back djx.

Any idea how the new Avensis is going to be priced like?

Will it be in the price bracket with the Mazda 6, Mondeo, Passat...

hatch's dont sell well in europe, around 85% of the avensis build at burnaston (the only plant to produce them, btw) goes to europe, so i suppose its not hard to see why they aint bothering yet. as for prices, i just build them mate, not market them. as for looks, the estate version is a very nice car.

we are now only 6 weeks away from the final avensis b rolling off the production line on oct10th, avensis c starts about a week later

Personally can never understand why hatches are so popular in this country. Who needs'em? How many hatches do you see on the road with the parcel shelf removed and loaded to the roof? If you want a load-lugger then buy a Tourer. Saloons have got a decent enough boot, are much easier on the eye, and quieter inside the cabin IMO.

Personally can never understand why hatches are so popular in this country. Who needs'em? How many hatches do you see on the road with the parcel shelf removed and loaded to the roof? If you want a load-lugger then buy a Tourer. Saloons have got a decent enough boot, are much easier on the eye, and quieter inside the cabin IMO.

Exactly my thoughts - i mean people buy them as there practical for every day things like work purpose, weekly shopping & to transport junk in etc i say get an estate ! :rolleyes: like if lexus bought out a IS hatch i cannot picture it looking gd at all, i hope they dont bring one out !although there are some big hatch i think looks ok but if they do i most likely prefer the sedan, hatch looks better on smaller cars imo

2009_toyota_avensis.jpg

What I have here is the FIRST OFFICIAL picture of the next Avensis.

All I'm desperate for now is some of what it'll look like on the front.

2009_toyota_avensis.jpg

What I have here is the FIRST OFFICIAL picture of the next Avensis.

All I'm desperate for now is some of what it'll look like on the front.

Read the past 2 pages

This has been posted and wait till Oct 2 - paris motor show when it will be shown off.

Hello,

probably not quite that, but this Photoshop image resembles to some extent some of the early spyshots.

image_10.jpg

We'll all have to wait until the paris show to see it live.

Jan :huh:

hopefully it wont look quite like that

bonnet just looks out of place when the rest of the body seems to have well placed curves, grooves and lines. Bonnet just looks like a lid.

Bit like a saab front - hopefully the bonnet will have some grooves or lines at least.

Honestly speaking this is inside information and I am normally not allowed to disperce it:

Automatic transmission --> there will be a 6 speed automatic version on both the gasoline as diesel engines.

This is actually a 6 speed MMT so also the MT is same without the robotics.

Regarding power its more an idea of having more torque then more Horsepower.

In total the car will be more in line with the current trend within the Toyota Line Remeber AURIS 4d design

So not so much the Camry that is closer to the Lexus IS but more towards the Auris 4d.

For the rest SAFETY (improved without details :censor: ), QUALITY, and PRICING will stay the same

If it is going to be 50mm longer and wider then we need car park owners to make their spaces bigger! My car always sticks out front or rear in the paltry spaces offered up by councils and companies alike. The only place my car actually fitted in the space perfectly was at a company where my car was the cheapest in the lot by about £50K. :D