Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Avensis 2009

djx

Hi,

I drew this additional picture from a Dutsch site.

http://www.autointernationaal.nl/artikel.php?id=8085&n=0

The dashboard:

dashbo10.jpg

I am a bit woried her, since it vaguely remembers the older Nissan primera ones.... :huh:

As for the engines, there will be three new Valvematic (= Dual VVT-i ?) petrol ones: 1,6 132 HP 160 Nm; 1,8 147/180; and 2,0 152/196. Not bad for non-turbos. It resembles at first sight BMW's Valve-Tronics. At last, they will be coupled to 6 speed gear boxes! The 1,8 and 2,0 l engines can also be ordered with a "Multidrive" CVT with 7 fixed gears.

The Gasolines remain the same, but will have an improved mileage. The 150 HP Modell ca be ordered with a 6 gear fully automatic transmission. A dream!

The Avensis III is 5 cm longuer and wider, but conservs the same height and wheel base.

Greetings

Jan

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldSkoO1

• SF695

• Mister MMT

• Parts-King

- http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/09/2009-...-wagon-new.html

Note that on this D-4D Avensis the automatic transmission lever is not a M-MT automated manual transmission type (P-R-N-D-S-±, not R-N-E-M-±). Moreover, behind the steering wheel there are paddles and in the automatic transmission lever area there is a "SPORT" button.

dancingbananawr2.gif

Hello,

I found new interesting official information on the petrol engines.

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/07/0612.html

and the patent giving all the details for the freaks among you.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Pubikr?...p;RS=PN/7299775

It consists of an interesting development close to the Valve-Tronics of BMW. It promotes good torque at low and medium revs, and high power at higher revs. It should also lower fuel consumption.

Jan

I found these infos here:

http://www.avensis-forum.de/thread.php?pos...7053#post147053

Djuvec is very well informed. One has to register to get access to the posts.

Jan.

The saloon looks very similiar at the rear to the current IS, the rest of the car looks very forgettable and conservative. No doubt it will be a quality well made product though. Shame the designers arent allowed a bit of flair.

Toyota Avensis III:

- 1.6i Valvetronic 132 CV 6v

- 1.8i Valvetronic 147 CV 6v

- 1.8i Valvetronic 147 CV Multidrive

- 2.0i Valvetronic 152 CV 6v

- 2.0i Valvetronic 152 CV Multidrive

- 2.0 D4D 126 CV 6v

- 2.2 D4D 150 CV 6v

- 2.2 D4D CAT Aut. 150 CV

- 2.2 D4D CAT 177 CV 6v

- http://es.autoblog.com/2008/09/02/desvelad...-toyota-avensis

Good performance numbers for 1.6 and 1.8, but not so much change for the 2.0

What about the 2.4 version available on the present Avensis?

All the D4 direct injection engines are stopped. The 2.0 l will not be far off, thanks to the Valvematic system, and be much more economic.

Toyota Avensis III:

- 1.6i Valvetronic 132 CV 6v

- 1.8i Valvetronic 147 CV 6v

- 1.8i Valvetronic 147 CV Multidrive

- 2.0i Valvetronic 152 CV 6v

- 2.0i Valvetronic 152 CV Multidrive

- 2.0 D4D 126 CV 6v

- 2.2 D4D 150 CV 6v

- 2.2 D4D CAT Aut. 150 CV

- 2.2 D4D CAT 177 CV 6v

- http://es.autoblog.com/2008/09/02/desvelad...-toyota-avensis

WHAT? No automatic for the 177 hp?? Why??

That was the one big thing I was looking forward to......

All the D4 direct injection engines are stopped. The 2.0 l will not be far off, thanks to the Valvematic system, and be much more economic.

What do you mean by that all the D4 are stopped? Isn't there a new system combining D4 with conventional injection?

BTW, since the camry is no longer available in Europe, is it too much to expect a V6 engine like the 4GR-FSE for the avensis? In several countries there is an 2.4 inline4 available on the present avensis, but the output is only around 160 horsepower, leaving much to be desired, compared to some of the compatitors

What do you mean by that all the D4 are stopped? Isn't there a new system combining D4 with conventional injection?

D4 stands for direct injection of "benzin", not "diesel". I just wanted to say that the new ZR-FEA Valvematics are derivatives from the ZR-FE Dual VVT-i (Yaris TS and Auris 1,6) engines which have no direct injection.

Hmmm... keyless start judging by the pictures.

...and electric handbrake.

Altough the interior is quite conservative, I think it looks a lot better than the new mazda6 interior.

I am glad to inform you that after reading the following internet site, I am no longer distrustful of CVT transmissions (but only if they are coupled with an hydraulic torque converter, in my humble opinion the only conceivable system for perfectly pulling away a vehicle):

- http://www.cvt.bosch.com

cvt2zk2.gif

So, a Toyota Avensis III 1.8 Multidrive sedan would be my choice!

• 2 weeks later...

Just been in touch with my local dealer, its not in there showroom for another 3 weeks however they will be sending a dvd out to all customers on there books detailing the car in more detail.

So i am on hold for now.

Look at this !

avensi30.jpg

avensi26.jpg

avensi23.jpg

avensi27.jpg

avensi28.jpg

avensi29.jpg

And in addition:

Multidrive S transmission gives an incredibly smooth, refined shift, automatically optimising the torque and fuel consumption by always using the optimum engine speed.

When pressuring the engine a little harder, the transmission starts to behave like a 7-speed automatic transmission. This helps to eliminate the previously negative whining sound from a continuously variable transmission. For a sportier drive, the driver has simply to switch into the Sport mode. This mode will select a more responsive and power-maximising gear ratio by “reading” the driver’s behaviour. For an even more active driving feel, the transmission features a sequential manual 7-speed mode. The gear selection is either performed by the gear shift lever or, exclusively for the 2.0-litre Valvematic, through the paddles located on each side of the steering wheel.

And in addition:

Piezo injectors for the 126 and 150 hp Diesels

The D-CAT system for the 150 Automatic (6 speeds with tip-tronic)

Trunk:

-509L 4D Sedan

-543L Break.

Hi again,

it's exciting. Look in this press map und you'll see that both the Avensis models actually look very dynamic!

There's plenty of interesting details too, also on the other newbies.

Jan :o

The Piezo injectors run at a higher pressure than the old system, according to my press brief, they run at 2,000 Bar pressure :eek: CO levels are reduced between 2.5 and 10% depending on derivative and all D4D engines meet Euro5 standards. Dont try running these on chip fat! :no: :no:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Anyone know what price range these are coming in at lowest to highest ?

I am intested in highest spec, and would be trading in my 10/11 month old T180.