• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldSkoO1

• SF695

• Mister MMT

• Parts-King

It all looks great, but i still miss something more performance oriented. Hopefully i will come along the way.

No doubt that will be the hybrid Modell.

It will be as powerful as a 5 or 6 cylinder athmospheric engine or a 4 cylinder Turbo (like the TFSI). Its price will be that of a Premium model, probably more like a powerfull Audi, BMW or Mercedes, but with a far better fuel enonomy. It may well beat the gasoline engines as well.

Wait and see. ;)

Greetings from Kehl

Jan

No doubt that will be the hybrid Modell.

It will be as powerful as a 5 or 6 cylinder athmospheric engine or a 4 cylinder Turbo (like the TFSI). Its price will be that of a Premium model, probably more like a powerfull Audi, BMW or Mercedes, but with a far better fuel enonomy. It may well beat the gasoline engines as well.

Wait and see. ;)

Greetings from Kehl

Jan

Maybe i'm oldfashioned, but i don't like the word hybrid, so i was hoping for something similar to the 4GR-FSE. Another word i don't like i automatic. Like the oldfashioned guy i am, i prefer the good old clutch and manual transmission, but i guess that will soon be history

Any of you guys heard when this 2009 avensis is going to be in the dealerships showrooms, i been in touch with my local dealers, however i think i got the cleaner on the other end of the phone, as the information i got was a little bland to say the least, i was also told that orders for it was now being taken at my dealership.

I was told that a dvd of the car would be sent out to all prospective buyers within the next three weeks but they could not say when the vehicle would and could actually be seen in the showroom,i am really wanting to see this vehicle in the flesh before i decide if to get it or not.

I would be trading in a 57 plate T180 tourer at the moment 10 months old so has any of you guys got an idea of the price range of the new vehicles i would be looking at top spec models i have searched all the net but not been able to find a price on it.

From the pictures above the new model looks very impressive, but as we all know pictures can be very deceiving.

Thanks guys for any info to the above.

Any of you guys heard when this 2009 avensis is going to be in the dealerships showrooms, i been in touch with my local dealers, however i think i got the cleaner on the other end of the phone, as the information i got was a little bland to say the least, i was also told that orders for it was now being taken at my dealership.

I was told that a dvd of the car would be sent out to all prospective buyers within the next three weeks but they could not say when the vehicle would and could actually be seen in the showroom,i am really wanting to see this vehicle in the flesh before i decide if to get it or not.

I would be trading in a 57 plate T180 tourer at the moment 10 months old so has any of you guys got an idea of the price range of the new vehicles i would be looking at top spec models i have searched all the net but not been able to find a price on it.

From the pictures above the new model looks very impressive, but as we all know pictures can be very deceiving.

Why not take a cheap ticket to Paris and have a look there? I'll be there next wednesday! By TGV Strasbourg/Paris...

And I'd expect the Uk should be first on the line, because the Avensis is produced there.

Jan

Maybe i'm oldfashioned, but i don't like the word hybrid, so i was hoping for something similar to the 4GR-FSE. Another word i don't like i automatic. Like the oldfashioned guy i am, i prefer the good old clutch and manual transmission, but i guess that will soon be history

Old-fashioned for sure, but not necessarily wrong. Soon, you'll have to buy a Dacia or similar car, to keep the feel! B)

And who knows. The 4Ds 4GR-FSE sure is a rare pearl. But do not forget: Toyota is aming at limitimg the CO2 exhaust of the entire fleet below 140 g. Except for Lexus ?

Why not take a cheap ticket to Paris and have a look there? I'll be there next wednesday! By TGV Strasbourg/Paris...

And I'd expect the Uk should be first on the line, because the Avensis is produced there.

Jan

Wish i could mate but i am disabled "multiple sclerosis" if i could make the trip i would do.

Wish i could mate but i am disabled "multiple sclerosis" if i could make the trip i would do.

Very soory to hear that. I wish you good luck!

Jan

Old-fashioned for sure, but not necessarily wrong. Soon, you'll have to buy a Dacia or similar car, to keep the feel! B)

And who knows. The 4Ds 4GR-FSE sure is a rare pearl. But do not forget: Toyota is aming at limitimg the CO2 exhaust of the entire fleet below 140 g. Except for Lexus ?

Yeah, i know about the CO2 exhaust and ofcourse we have to consider that, but unfortunately it has made a lot of the exiting engines and cars, that used to be in Toyotas lineup rare. Today everything seems to be a compromise between fuel economy, invirement(forgive my bad spelling) and power.

Anyone know what price range these are coming in at lowest to highest ?

I am intested in highest spec, and would be trading in my 10/11 month old T180.

Prices are FROM £16095 for T2 1.8 Petrol Avensis, up to £24595 for the Avensis Tourer 2.2 D CAT with options to add on to those prices

Full Map + £1000

Premuim full map & high spec audio £1500

Pro pack £450

Pro pack, Tourer £550

Kingo :thumbsup:

Anyone know what price range these are coming in at lowest to highest ?

I am intested in highest spec, and would be trading in my 10/11 month old T180.

Prices are FROM £16095 for T2 1.8 Petrol Avensis, up to £24595 for the Avensis Tourer 2.2 D CAT with options to add on to those prices

Full Map + £1000

Premuim full map & high spec audio £1500

Pro pack £450

Pro pack, Tourer £550

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks m8 i been to my dealers today, and the demo model will be in the showroom mid december, so i asked them to let me know when its in so i can see it in the flesh, i will only be after either the sedan or another they are calling the wagon i need biggish boot because i am a disabled and carry a lekky scooter about with me.

Thanks again my friend for the prices.

I think this 2009 Avensis may be fitted with a push button parking brake!

I hope it works better than the handbrake in my current T180, I always feel I need to apply it very firmly.

I've no great faith in push button parking brakes - how can it know how steep my drive is?

At least with a normal handbrake you can apply it as hard as you can if needs be.

Keep smiling,

Adrian

there will be no Hybrid version as the platform it is built on is not compatable (same platform as Aruis).

as with any parking brake if your on a hill then leave it in gear!.

have to wait and see how it works day to day, but from the ones ive driven at work it seems fine

I think this 2009 Avensis may be fitted with a push button parking brake!

I hope it works better than the handbrake in my current T180, I always feel I need to apply it very firmly.

I've no great faith in push button parking brakes - how can it know how steep my drive is?

At least with a normal handbrake you can apply it as hard as you can if needs be.

Keep smiling,

Adrian

I have a button operated handbrake in my Passat and now i'm used to it, its superb, especially the auto function which holds the car when you stop and releases when the clutch bite is felt/the car needs to move.

Am always a bit scarred when driving the Corolla now, incase i forget to pull the handbrake on :lol:

hmmm £25k for the top of the range 2.2d-cat probably a tourer. Thats nearly 2k more than the outgoing one and a lot really for a toyota avensis.

For example

You can get a demo (2-6 month old) 320d efficient dynamics with leather and nav, seriously low 120-co2 emissions, more power than the t180 and way better economy, 60mpg for the same price.

Getting older

You can get a 1 year old 330d that does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds, with less emissions (same band though) and nearly 50mpg - seriously great engine... for the same money.

Getting even better but a bit older

You can get a to die for 335d with insane performance, great economy (42mpg steady) and ok-ish tax costs, its a bit more to run than the others but it really is something special.

You can probably see what i will be considering next. I really hoped toyota would release a twin turbo d-cat and with auto as an option. I know they will never do a 3.0L / 6 cylinder but with others starting to make twin turbo 2.0L engines i'd hope toyota would too.

Thanks wahid - really does look quite good in the real world compared to the photoshop images.

Has quite a presence. It isn't a looker but it isn't ugly either. Then again how many family hatchbacks have style awards :)

Its un-mistakenly japanese on the front end but the side profile and possibly the back defiantly has European if not german design influences.

All the D4 direct injection engines are stopped. The 2.0 l will not be far off, thanks to the Valvematic system, and be much more economic.

Exactly why were the D4 engines stopped? Is it a matter of technology or money? BMW 320i features direct injection as well as BMW's version of Valvematic(think they call it Valvetronic) and it produces 170 hp with aprocsomately the same KM/l, but ofcourse it's more expensive than the Avensis

You can probably see what i will be considering next. I really hoped toyota would release a twin turbo d-cat and with auto as an option. I know they will never do a 3.0L / 6 cylinder but with others starting to make twin turbo 2.0L engines i'd hope toyota would too.

They do those kindda engines, they have new Dual VVTI ones, and supercharge them, I'm sure you know, but for whatever reason, you won't find them in Europe. All to do with this Borin.... Green thing they have going. If other you have to admire there mission statement, but it wouldn't hurt for them to exploit the performance side of their heritage. :(

They do those kindda engines, they have new Dual VVTI ones, and supercharge them, I'm sure you know, but for whatever reason, you won't find them in Europe. All to do with this Borin.... Green thing they have going. If other you have to admire there mission statement, but it wouldn't hurt for them to exploit the performance side of their heritage. :(

Agree. I respect this green and econemy policy, but why not include a performance vehicle in the lineup? Kind of like Carina E GTi with the 3S-GE engine as oposed to the 3S-FE. The Supra and Celica are gone. So why not make a performance version of the Avensis? I know it's difficult to enter the european performance marked, dominated by Audi, BMW and Mercedes, but why not a limited number of cars in that catagory?

I don't really get it - BMW have the 3ltr diesels which are greener and cleaner than the d-cat yet A LOT quicker. The M3 is their performance car.

Maybe toyota want to keep their engines clean to give them room trade emissions with bigger lexus engines and thirsty petrol subarus.