Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Rear Light Conversion.....

mattmr2

Hi guys and girls,

My name is Matt and i work for a company called Rogue Systems Limited, you may have heard of us, you may have not. Anyway we have just purchased this and it will be with us early next year,

celica1.jpg

We have plans to develop a rear light conversion for the generation 5/6 celica, simular to the one we did for the MR2:

MR2 Rear Lights

We were aproached a while back to develop this product and its always been on the back burner, now we have the car on the way we can finally get started on the project.

I guess i'm here to test the water to see what poeple think to the idea - so please fire away, construtive critism welcome.

The finished product will be made up of an ABS Shell with the LED componant inserts as used in the MR2 kit. For this model of car there shoud be no need for a center pannel (i think!)

If there are any use full articles on the celica that people think might interest me let me know, i only know a little about the car, things like differences between revisions would be helpfull, i want to build up a knowlage of the car before i start the project.

Before i go, does anyone know of any possible competion for this rear light conversion, any products out there or in development?

Thanks in advance.

Matt. :thumbsup:

Come on guys, i'm not asking for a lot, just to know if your interested or not!

Cheers Matt. :thumbsup:

Hi mate, i might be interested. I don't know of any other companies producing that style light for the Gen 5. What sort of price would you be looking at?

Hell Yea! send me a set today! as long as they fit all gen5 models i think they are great. us gen5 owners dont have much aftermarket to deal with but this is great!!!!! :thumbsup:

Finally some replys!

In terms of price its a little early on but i think we will be aiming for under the £300 mark, simular to the MR2 lights.

Cheers for the replys guys,

Matt.

hi matt

if they look as good as the mr 2 lights count me in by the way there is a kit in the

pipeline for the gen 6 celica you can see the pics on www.quadconversions.co.uk

not for me

Sounds like a good idea, there aren't many/if any Gen 6 rears around as far as I know. :thumbsup:

Anyway when are you going to make Paseo one's then.... :D :P

Hello mate,

Dont show my face on here much any more but reading your post i thought you might be interested to see this from another site. This is an American site but i believe the bloke developing them is from the UK. To be honest i think these are looking good but the price may be too much for some, anyway , just thought id inform you, good luck i love the MR2 jobbies!!!

Mike :thumbsup:

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7943

I would love to see exactly what you have to offer for the 5th gen Rear cluster change as i aint seen any after market options that i know of...

the one thing i will say is that the price tag of £300 may put a lot of 5th gen owners off as the cars aint worth all that much in the first place...

i.e... i got mine for £2k and with an extra £300 i could have got a car that is a year newer....

Just a thought.. :thumbsup:

but good luck... :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

hey matt, love rogue's lights way better than quad conversions, i like the LED's around the lights, thats tite, i think i'll wait till rouges comes out