Do Not Sell My Personal Information

''piggyback'' Chip?

kenty

Hi all,

Please bear with me during this post.....I recently bought a 'piggy-back' chip with the intent of fitting it to my car. All it is, is a little resistor. This little resistor comes with fitting instructions. They say that I have to connect the 2 sides of the resistor to the 2 wires of the 'air intake temperature sensor'. I do not know where the 'air intake temp sensor is on a t-sport. Does anyone?

I have been asking around for a while now and people seem to think that it is incorporated into the MAF. Supposedly 2 of the wires that go into the MAF are the air intake temp sensor wires.....BUT WHICH ONES?

I realise I have been hasty rushing into buying this chip and that I should have been a little bit more prepared, but it seems that no-one has a clue where it is! ( I presume it has one? )

If anyone has any advice in fitting this chip or of the whereabouts of this illusive 'air intake temp sensor' it would be soooo helpful as I really am thinking that this chip cannot be fitted.

Has anyone fitted one of these 'piggyback's before or any ideas on any aspects of anything I've just said, please help me!

Thanks in advance people!

Cheers again! Ross

I hope that you did not pay too much for this "Chip"

These resistors are sold on E-bay as performance enhancing "chips" when in fact they are just very cheap resistors that can be bought from any electronics shop.

Fitting them across the MAF sensor fools it into thinking that not enough fuel is being delivered and results in overfuelling of the engine with subsequent potential for major damage.

Best advice is NOT TO FIT IT. They DO NOT live up to the advertising hype. :(

I am sure there will be others along here soon with the same advice and possibly a better technical description of how much rubbish these "Chips" are.

Sorry to dissapoint you :)

As said there these things are a major waste of time and money, if you have any love for your yaris throw it away.

oh well....

i paid about £4.00 plus p&p and the description said it would give between 5-10bhp. Marketed as ''THE BEST BHP:COST RATION IN THE WORLD!!!!!''

My 'chip' is now resting nicely in the bottom of my bin!

I guess that old ''If it sounds too good to be true'' saying isn' far wrong

Cheers for your help people!!!

Much appreciated!

Ross

Hi all,

Please bear with me during this post.....I recently bought a 'piggy-back' chip with the intent of fitting it to my car. All it is, is a little resistor. This little resistor comes with fitting instructions. They say that I have to connect the 2 sides of the resistor to the 2 wires of the 'air intake temperature sensor'. I do not know where the 'air intake temp sensor is on a t-sport. Does anyone?

I have been asking around for a while now and people seem to think that it is incorporated into the MAF. Supposedly 2 of the wires that go into the MAF are the air intake temp sensor wires.....BUT WHICH ONES?

I realise I have been hasty rushing into buying this chip and that I should have been a little bit more prepared, but it seems that no-one has a clue where it is! ( I presume it has one? )

If anyone has any advice in fitting this chip or of the whereabouts of this illusive 'air intake temp sensor' it would be soooo helpful as I really am thinking that this chip cannot be fitted.

Has anyone fitted one of these 'piggyback's before or any ideas on any aspects of anything I've just said, please help me!

Thanks in advance people!

Cheers again! Ross

hi...

i think i'v seen something similar to the piggyback chip on eBay..

i think the air intake temp sensor is near the airbox- it is on my '00 1.3 and i dont see why a t-sport should be much different

all i heard was that it increases engine wear with it ramming more petrol in and making the engine think there's more air than there is *shrugs*