Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6th Gen Gt - Best Spark Plugs?

mujaddid

Hi All,

Just wondering if any Gen 6 drivers have an opinion on best OEM or aftermarket sprak plugs for this engine 3SGE Gen 6 CElica GT ?

All help appreciated.

stick with toyotas own plugs , they are platinum tipped and last longer than most aftermarket plugs.

cost about £40 for the 4 . so make sure you need them before going ahead. unless of course you are minted.

stick with toyotas own plugs , they are platinum tipped and last longer than most aftermarket plugs.

cost about £40 for the 4 . so make sure you need them before going ahead. unless of course you are minted.

Great, much appreciated.

Do you know from expereince how long these last before change (factoring in a realtively healthy engine)?

dont quote me on this , but its something like 100 thousand miles. The recommended replacement interval for standard spark plugs has typically been every 30,000 to 45,000 miles.

http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk try here for Iridium plugs , they are cheaper and supposed to give better sparks.

• 11 years later...

Hi All,

Hoping I can resurrect this thread for an update for 2019? Looking to replace spark plugs in a 3SGE Gen 6 Celica GT (as OP), but a bit unsure of what the best options are. Ideally I just want something I can nip down to the local store for, e.g. a set of Bosch plugs, but different websites seem to come up with completely different recommendations..

I don't do much mileage so probably just looking for copper plugs. Using the Halfords online search tool to look for compatible products brings up 'Bosch 509 Super 4' plugs, any thoughts on those?

Cooper plugs has best performance and are used in rally cars as well, only negative side is that they have shorter life, 20-30k miles. If the car comes from factory with Iridium or platinum one for an extended service intervals  you best bet is to stick with them, 3 or 4 electrodes does not make better combustion, so no need to buy any of those too. Keep it as oem as you can. 

Regards 

Thanks, guess I'll take a look whats in there currently but probably go OEM Iridium

• 2 weeks later...