Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Transplant For More Power

ZeroBlade

tempting as it is .. I can't justify the cost of getting the shocks off .. :D

If you are going the NA tuning route .. why not go throttle bodies?

Would they also be engine specific?

I'm planning on getting that kinda work done once i get a hold of the engine, prior to putting it in.

Stuff like port matching, gaskets changed. Basically engine otimised + revamped before the install.

TB's - yeah - very engine specific .. but a dual beams VVTi would leave it for dead if re-maped proper ..

but it'd never sound as good as twin Delorto's ..

Bling, bling, wish i had tons 'o that.

Matt/Patrick will when they sort this job out for me. :o

Buy a mr2 turbo for about 4g or get this job done?

I hope it doesnt cost much more than 4g neways, hehe

You'd be surprised .. it's all very costly. But then you would have a goal.

But if you got a turbo .. you'd wanna start modding that, and turbo's are more expensive (Turbo's, intercoolers, BOV's, water injection, bigger clutch, boost controllers .. the list goes on :crybaby::yes: )

Yeh i know :eek:

Saw some of thatstuff on the high octane 2 dvd when ketzal was showing his 2.

Did look pretty cool tho, but one thing i noticed...

In his engine bay it was still a little yellow, after he had the flip-flop gold paintjob done. Is that the kinda stuff that happens when u get a respray? He had a decent engine etc, but i didnt like that!

It costs a LOT more to have the engine out and spraying .. like double as you have to remove everything ..

I guess that makes sense.

Hopefully mine won't look as bad cos i'm going from dark blue/metallic to black.

Well i'm beat m8, gonna call it a nite, peace

-Z

Well you two had a cosy night in didn't you......

Anyway, just spent the last 10 minutes reading this thread and its quite interesting. I know you both love the blacktop - but i deffo think the forced induction route is the best bet. I spoke to a guy that tuned his N/A up to 300bhp, which i feel would be very impressive but its much like the s2000, its a great car but you have to drive at high revs to get any reasonable performance out of it. My mate had an S2000 and loved it it for about 2 months, and then got tired of having to thrash it everywhere. Then he bought a Skyline, which he loves to bits - but he blew the bottom end bearing OUCH!

Anyway, with unlimited funds available, i think i'd go for the gen3+ 3SGTE and beef it up to about 300bhp, and then i'd give it 50 shot of NOS at the start of the rev range to kill the turbo lag, i'd have it activated by a switch at the base of the acc pedal so when you floored it you'd get instant power with the NOS and the the turbo would take over. Only thing is you'd be filling up the NOS bottle every week!!! It would probably be more of a quater miler than a track car, but hey it'd good for a laugh.

Matt. :thumbsup:

Why not get a turbo gear box then a camry 3ltr v6 lump bolt the two together (direct fit) and drop that in very popular in the states, then when you can afford the insurance slap a pair of turbos in.

Oh and before people go on about a heavy engine ruining the handling its an all alloy block and weights the same, some people claim it actually weighs less than the 3sgte i don't have any figures to substantiate this mind.

Yes but if we did that we'd be like the Amercians, so why not go the hog and put the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Although on a right hand drive MR2 the handbrake stays in the same place - that makes me laugh..

Matt :D

The force is weak in me, the dark side (black top get it, :lol: ) is tempting...

Tho that thing u just said about having to go high rev's to attain power worries me a little. However wouldnt that mean acceleration would be faster in the lower gears, tho i'd be redlining it, it'd be good for quick traffic light races against the muppets right?

Also could that problem be tackled by altering gear ratios?

Steve: Also the thing about sticking with a 3SGE is that i could blag the insurance using bibb's excuse of needing a new engine as the old one got fuubared ;)

There's an s200 on my street mite have 2 find out who owns it and ask him some question about the car... <_<

And last but not least 300bhp IS my goal with an n/a engine, maybe 350 to sound good. hehe

-Z

I think an N/A will be fast enough for me.... After a year or two I'll get a turbo...

That's what i was initially thinking, however the mods i'm planning for my current car will be a waste then...

So it'd prolly be more worthwhile getting a 3SGTE transplant if you wanna go turbo, depeing on how much work you've had done to your car.

But then u'll need new exhaust, gearbox etc, etc.

I'm looking to try and eliminate that by sticking with an n/a.

-Z

Yeah, but the amount of money you spend on a transplant, you can almost a buy a decent turbo'd MR2.

If I were you, I'd mod yours, keep it in good nick, well looked after etc. Then you might make a profit, sell it. Buy a Turbo.... and the world's your oyster :thumbsup:

I know its almost enought to buy a turbo, but it depends on what else you've done. Take for exmaple a bodykit + respray. In total it's set you back a couple of grand at most, whack that on top of other stuff that u've had done, new clutch / flywheel, brake pads / discs, interior retrim to mention a few. I doubt i'd be able to make the money back, so...

Getting a transplant would be more economical as i could keep most of the current mods (things like clutch has to be changed(?), exhaust will have to be).

Just depends upon your situation i guess. But i'd rather have a nice engine that's had an overhaul:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ST&f=38&t=7264&

Look at Rogue's wok in that thread!

Then the engine is almost as good a new.

Our transplants include the gearbox, exhaust, intercooler etc...

No need to worry about that then.

Matt :thumbsup:

Our transplants include the gearbox, exhaust, intercooler etc...

No need to worry about that then.

Matt :thumbsup:

...I got absolutely no comeback to that m8, top offer :thumbsup:

I guess i'll wait and c what my finances r like. Gonna get a decent part time job (hopefully) from which i'll pile everything i earn in2 my car. With luck i should make enough to allow me to do the planned mods.

Or if u all want to help me out...

Ne1 fancy cheaper rates than BT for telepone calls?

hehe i won't go in2 that here as it's prolly against the forums rules, but it's a side job/business im in at the mo...nothing DODGY i mite add, all legit

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links