Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Advise To Buy Avensis Gs Vvt-i

aoaz

Hi Guys,

I am about to buy Avensis GS VVT-i 2002 model but ma mate warn me and said GS vvti have some fault with gearbox or engine.

can anybody help is there anything like this ?

thanks alot in advance.

Cheers

The Avensis suffers from excessive oil consumption issues which occurs at around 40,000 which calls for an engine rebuild I believe Toyota cover this up to a certain mileage and age provided the service history has been maintained.

Other problems which may effect the car are steering racks which need to be replaced at a cost of around £1000 ,stiff tailgate struts ,and very poor dipped headlights.

I am sure other people will add some more but it is not all bad they are a very good car but as with any car they have there problems .

If you are going to buy try and check what recalls have been done on the car.

Cheers mate,

can anybody suggest a single place from wre i can see the complete details of all recalls of cpecific model ?

any cpl of handy tips/things that you see when buy a new avensis ?

will appreciate replies from otha members as well.

Cheers mate,

can anybody suggest a single place from wre i can see the complete details of all recalls of cpecific model ?

any cpl of handy tips/things that you see when buy a new avensis ?

will appreciate replies from otha members as well.

Try this link for any recalls for the Avensis

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recalls/index.jsp

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=401&

http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/search_r...ts.html?apc=311

Also have a look at the service book and see where the car was serviced and give them a ring and ask what work has been done !!! they may not tell you ! also you could contact the previous owner on the reg document.

Hi, i been to view the car its 85k miles and service history is up to 50k and last service been done in 2005 according to the book.

car make a noise when drive and owner advise following:

Cam shaft Follower need shimming and will cost £200

i call to mechanic and he said he cant tell untill he open it and see properly. now thinkin about it what Shell i do.

Hi, i been to view the car its 85k miles and service history is up to 50k and last service been done in 2005 according to the book.

car make a noise when drive and owner advise following:

Cam shaft Follower need shimming and will cost £200

i call to mechanic and he said he cant tell untill he open it and see properly. now thinkin about it what shell i do.

I think you have to trust your gut instinct there are plenty of Avensis out there in the used car market so you can afford to be a bit picky which one you choose.

I am sure you could find a car with a full service history !!!had you thought of contacting a few Toyota dealers to take a trade in from them !! they would normally just sell the car through to the trade and may pick up a low mileage car which has been serviced by them.

I bought one a few months ago, and there are loads around with Full service history which was must!

Mine is a 1.8 vvti and has 77,000 on the clock, doesnt burn oil at all. so they arent all oil burners

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links