Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cold Winter Start

Joel13

Hi all,

The other morning when it was minus 3 i went to start my TS and she just didn't want to start i tried a few times before i gave up and left her for a hour. When i came back to her she started up but she felt like she was struggling. Anyone got any ideas what could of caused it?

She starts up now but im just worried if it gets colder she won't wanna start again.

Thanks in advance.

mine sounds as though it cranks over slower on a colder night or morning, but it has always started first time.

cant see why it shouldnt start, its mondern petrol engine it shouldnt struggle at all

mine sounds as though it cranks over slower on a colder night or morning, but it has always started first time.

cant see why it shouldnt start, its mondern petrol engine it shouldnt struggle at all

Yeah it seems to crank over slower when its really cold just have not experianced that before with my TS.

Thanks

Charge your Battery, its going to be using more power to start the car especially in the winter, or if the cars a couple of years old and has the original Battery on replace it, then go for the plugs after if the fault still occurs.

yeah, batteries can run low in extreme cold - give it a good run.

Also, try pumping the accelerator when you crank it - if its very cold sometimes the pump can struggle to get enough fuel into the engine for a spark.

all good replies, I just like how you kept referring to your car as a she. haha. Hope all gets sorted mate.

thats an interesting one.

I was just chatin to a friend about my yts and telling him how boring my car is!! Never a fault never a fany noise lol and it's always started after 1/2 round of ignition key! I live in Scotland and we had these days silly temps like -5 but my babe was always there loyaly waiting for me yup! Battery it's still the original one!

thats an interesting one.

I was just chatin to a friend about my yts and telling him how boring my car is!! Never a fault never a fany noise lol and it's always started after 1/2 round of ignition key! I live in Scotland and we had these days silly temps like -5 but my babe was always there loyaly waiting for me yup! Battery it's still the original one!

So why are you selling it?

• 4 weeks later...