Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina Transponder Key

brollae10

Hi, Ive recently bought a Toyota Carina and I only got 1 Transponder Key with it. Does anyone know where I can buy one from apart from the main dealers?

When I had to buy one (here in Dublin) I had to get the key off Main Dealer (€26 I think) and then the mate coded it for me by turning the key on and off in the ignition a number of times and opening and closing the drivers door the same amout. IT sounds daft I know but he works in a Toyota garage.

Cubix

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, Ive recently bought a Toyota Carina and I only got 1 Transponder Key with it. Does anyone know where I can buy one from apart from the main dealers?

I had same problem with my old 1994 L Reg Carina, only 1 Key. £80 to cut and code a key say Toyota World Bristol - Err I think not!!, so a bit of searching around local locksmiths I fetch up at Gemsec Security in Bristol gemsec.co.uk

They quoted me £25 over the phone to cut a new key (from the key number, not copying the worn old one) and code it. When I actually got there and they did it for me they said "That'll be £6.50" I paid up and left quick!!

Not much use to you up there in Manchester as they did need the original key to clone the code, but these places are out there - try searching on the Master Locksmiths Association site locksmiths.co.uk for something similar in your area. Thats where I found Gemsec.

Good Luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links