Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Wire In A Rear Fog Light?

gezmeister

Does anyone know? Don't wanna change the inner brake lights to be fogs, just want one of the crappy ones that sits underneath the bumper, so i can take it off when it passes its MOT :lol:

Apparently anything after 1980 must have a rear fog fitted, god know how my car got through its previous mot's :unsure:

I have an ST185 btw :D

Does anyone know? Don't wanna change the inner brake lights to be fogs, just want one of the crappy ones that sits underneath the bumper, so i can take it off when it passes its MOT :lol:

Apparently anything after 1980 must have a rear fog fitted, god know how my car got through its previous mot's :unsure:

I have an ST185 btw :D

If you don't have fogs at all, you need to run wires from somewhere, like the ciggy lighter or something. Preferably something with a higher fuse rating then you need, not lower. Connect it to the live, with a scotchlok connector, Add an inline fuse, wire it through a switch, you may have a blank space to fit one, if so, a used one from scrappy,if not, just get a switch that can go on dash or hide somewhere nice. It may be a good idea to get one with a built in light and put it where you can see it though, so you know if it is on or off!

Wire it through to back of car, usually under carpets or along sills.

Then just wire up the new fog you plan to fit. The earth wire (Ground) just needs to fix to something metal, like a bolt on the rear lights or something similar that fixes to the chassis. :rolleyes:

Doesn't it have to be wired such that the fog can only come on when the sidelights are on?

And preferably you should use a relay rather than switching the current.

Plenty of articles on t'internet covering this e.g. http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?...p;highlight=fog

These instructions cover wiring in an extra bulb in your tail cluster, but wiring advice is similar.

Try to get a fog light switch from someone who's breaking a UK Celica if you can; I think you'll probably have a blanked switch position it'll fit in on your car; I used to have a spare one, but gave it away unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

The Fog lights all require the following to be legal (Front and Rear) -

1. Only operate when lights are switched on (So should be wired to the main lights)

2. There must be a warning light on the switch or dash light to tell you that they are switched on.

3. Rear Fog Light must be towards the righthand side of the rear of the car

Hope that helps

Tony

• 11 years later...

Hello, I have just wired my 1965 Bedford CA Dormobile up with two rear fog lights useing a fuse/relay/and 3 way on - off - on toggle switch. So that I can use the vehicle abroad ,because you cannot have two rear fog lights at the rear ,( and tgey must be situated away from the rear lights ) This means I can turn either side on- off - to suit which side off road I drive on, and the light must be near to the libes in the centre of the road 

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Shouting removed