Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Surf Fuel Consumption

moggies61

hi

as a sick estima owner, :crybaby: the car not me, i'm looking at changing to a 2.4 surf td. can anyone give me an idea on average fuel consumption, not towing or off road and mainly in 2 wheel drive

thanks

nick

You should get 24-28mpg and maybe a bit less round town, also you cant use 4wd on hard surfaces where you get good grip, the surf does not have a centre diff and 4wd will cause the transmission to wind up.

go for the 3.0 td , alot more power for the same mpg figures.

hi moggie, i would not recommend buying a 2.4 they have a defect with blowing their heads and can result in a hefty repair bill,

as said before go for a 3.0 td MPG are the same but the engine is bullet proof....

i get around 400km to a full tank

and the 4wd system is not designed to drive on normal roads, so do not use it on tarmac for everyday use,

the 4wd should be used on off road

when towing there are two buttons you can use for extra power the ECT button and the overdrive button on the gear leaver

i had my hilux imported for me back in march, 60,000kms and looks like the day it rolled off the production line

surf's are great cars to own and drive but just remember to service her at regular intervals

if you need any further assistance please let me know

hope this has been helpful

• 2 weeks later...

on the subject of the 2.4td surf which i own didnt know too much about the heads blowing my surf is at 180,000km and just reading that they go around 100,000miles is there anyway of proventing this happening like getting the head re done or is it really expensive

thanks would apreciate the info guys

on the subject of the 2.4td surf which i own didnt know too much about the heads blowing my surf is at 180,000km and just reading that they go around 100,000miles is there anyway of proventing this happening like getting the head re done or is it really expensive

thanks would apreciate the info guys

If yours is showing 180,000Km then the chances are it's already been changed(unless you've owned it from below 100.000) and know the milage history.

You may also have one of the good ones which was manufactured after the problems were spotted in which case you may be lucky enough to not have the head go.

I am currently breaking a 2.4 which had a cracked head and it only has 79,000 on the clock

Cheers

Paul

is the milage on the clocks in miles ifso how much pal and is there anyway of telling if the engine was made after the problem was solved

Thanks