Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multifunction Display

ThreePM

I've an 04 Avensis T4 and the multifunction display has just gone dead on me - complete blank screen, no sign of life. It was working on one day, the next day when I started up it didn't. No other services seem affected and I can hear the satnav DVD whirring round.

Any suggestions? I don't think it's the main fuse as that seems to also have the central display running through it, but before I take it to the dealer I thought I'd see if there's anything 'obvious' I've missed (some unseen off switch for example).

I've an 04 Avensis T4 and the multifunction display has just gone dead on me - complete blank screen, no sign of life. It was working on one day, the next day when I started up it didn't. No other services seem affected and I can hear the satnav DVD whirring round.

Any suggestions? I don't think it's the main fuse as that seems to also have the central display running through it, but before I take it to the dealer I thought I'd see if there's anything 'obvious' I've missed (some unseen off switch for example).

hi

mine got darked eventually and after goes to a normal mode. but the idle vertical strokes are available on the right side of the screen.

this lasts within one year and Mr T presumes that it might be a problem with contact group. they are going to pull display out and clean all contacts to see the result. i do not think so that yr problem is conneected with fuses.

cheers/igor

I had a problem with my display when I first got mine (The display was there but the information would not update-milage, range etc.)

If I remember rightly there were a few fuses connected to the multi-function display, rather than just a main fuse. I'd check the manual again to see if there's any more.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, but I think there must be some sort of loose wire.

The thing came back to life - then went off again. Now it sometimes comes on when I start up, but conks out half way through a journey, or doesn't come on at all. No other electrics seem to be affected.

Any thoughts on which wires might be worth looking at, or should I just wait until the next service?

• 4 months later...
I had a problem with my display when I first got mine (The display was there but the information would not update-milage, range etc.)

If I remember rightly there were a few fuses connected to the multi-function display, rather than just a main fuse. I'd check the manual again to see if there's any more.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi!

I have the same problem as rossi46, my multifunction dispay is there but shows no values. Any idea?

Thanks!!

• 12 years later...

Same issue here. Display show frame /names and units but no values.

did you guys solve it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links