Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cold Mornings

pint puller

you know when its icy outside youve cleared your windscreen and your mirrors, you sit in the car and turn the key... the engine turns over and over, but nothing happens for ages. just as you start to think its not going to start and your batteries are going to die it starts to catch and fills the street with smoke and you trundle on your merry way. is there a magical sequence to starting these charicterful vehicles or is it pot luck

does this only happen on cold mornings ?

when was the fuel filter changed last?

now there is the problem ........only had the damn thing three weeks...not changed the fuel filter myself. but she starts ok any other time

you know when its icy outside youve cleared your windscreen and your mirrors, you sit in the car and turn the key... the engine turns over and over, but nothing happens for ages. just as you start to think its not going to start and your batteries are going to die it starts to catch and fills the street with smoke and you trundle on your merry way. is there a magical sequence to starting these charicterful vehicles or is it pot luck

Is yours the 2.4 engine? If so, switch on ignition and wait (about 10 secs) for the warning beeeeep! The glowplugs will have reached maximum heat and the engine should start much easier. The glow plug light goes out too soon and the plus don't heat up enough.

Is yours the 2.4 engine? If so, switch on ignition and wait (about 10 secs) for the warning beeeeep! The glowplugs will have reached maximum heat and the engine should start much easier. The glow plug light goes out too soon and the plus don't heat up enough.

you are a superstar.. thanks a million...i had visions of the riviera touch with morcambe and wisewhere they sounded the horn used the windscreen wipers and shoved a bottle brush up the exhaust.

Hi Mate

had a similar thing with mine. I thought the glow plugs were dead but they looked OK. A quick check in the fusebox found the 80A fuse blown (my fault - don't ask). Swapped that and hey presto, car starts like a dream

Hi Mate

had a similar thing with mine. I thought the glow plugs were dead but they looked OK. A quick check in the fusebox found the 80A fuse blown (my fault - don't ask). Swapped that and hey presto, car starts like a dream

when the madness is over tomorrow i will check my fuse box thanks for the info...

Has anyone else had issues with fuses getting stuck as if they are welded in, but not blown???

I have had this on both my toyotas now, on the 100a alt fuse on the supra and the 80a glow/abs fuse on the surf....

If so any tips for removing over then brute force and ignorance??

Has anyone else had issues with fuses getting stuck as if they are welded in, but not blown???

I have had this on both my toyotas now, on the 100a alt fuse on the supra and the 80a glow/abs fuse on the surf....

If so any tips for removing over then brute force and ignorance??

If you're needing to swap either of the large fuses (80 or 100A) in the fusebox next to the driver's side wing, you have to unscrew them from underneath.

Take the top cover off, remove the 2 screws holding the fusebox in place. Lift fusebox away from wing, remove bottom cover, unclip catch next to the 80A fuse and push it back into the fusebox. You should then see 2 x screws which hold it in place.

Got my replacements from a local motor factors. Pack of 2 was £6.70.

Really???? All the years I have been working on Toyotas and I have missed that???

Blimey :lol:

Cheers!

Really???? All the years I have been working on Toyotas and I have missed that???

Blimey :lol:

Cheers!

I only found out after a large set of pliers reduced the fuse to a small heap of plastic and metal bits. Then I got the book out and.....aaah I see!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links