Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Popup Light Removal Gen 5

Danger_GT4

Hi guys

hope everyone had a good xmas! i've had a scan on the forum and i didnt come across any guides, does anyone know how the hell the popup lights come off? i have unscrewed the top 2 screws that hold the light to the frame, i have been under and unscrewed the bottom screw holding it to the body...the only thing that i can see thats holding it on is some "wires" but they seem to be located behind the bulb bit, i cant seem to get to them to see if they can be disconnected or anything. reason im doing all this as a few days ago my passenger side motor seems to have stopped working. the bulb works ok all that doesnt work is that side wont lift. so ive been trying to get in about it to see if i can tell whats stopped working. so tight for room under there too.

if anyone can be of any help that would be great, kinda need this to get fixed pronto so have been looking eBay for motors and they aint plentiful!

anyways

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Sorry, can't exactly remember the process, but I do have a light unit somewhere that's not in the car so I can have a look and check what fixings it has for you.

I remember them being a bit of a pain to remove though.

PS: You know you can wind the light up from underneath the car don't you?

i also remember it being a pain in the *****...

Should be the silver rims which you need to remove first and then i could have sworn there is another set of screws holding the light unit in place.

Just one thing though... when you test the light without putting the unit back in securely... upon switching the light back off dont put the switch all the way back to retract the light as it gets messy... as i found out!!! :bash:

thanks for the help guys, yeah i know about the manual winder for the lights, sounds a bit fidgity, the cars goin back into the garage 5th jan for further testing as to why im loosing coolant, so i will kindly ask them if they can sort out the light too. even under the lights its so tight for space toyota dont half like to fill in the gaps!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links