Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gt4 Towbar

Graham-Rob

I have seen towbars avalible for ordinary celica front wheel drive versions, but not for the 4 wheel drive model. :o Could anyone tell me if there is a towbar to fit a celica gt4???

i'm affraid not, the fuel tank sits under the boot, on the non-GT4 models the tank sits under the rear seats so you can fit one.

i'm affraid not, the fuel tank sits under the boot, on the non-GT4 models the tank sits under the rear seats so you can fit one.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply i appreciate it B)

no bother, if you have any more questions feel free to ask, everyone here is friendly enough and are happy to help. if you dont get a reply then feel free to PM me and i'll try to help you out

• 5 weeks later...

I have seen that toyota make a towbar for the gt4 but hav'nt got a clue if it is avaliable and wether you need to take out a mortgage to buy one :eek: I do have photos of one and am trying to get dimensions so I can have one made up for my gt4

psot the pictures up, i'd like to see how they managed it

Toyota did used to make one... PT No. 00062-20030 but its been discontinued

• 4 weeks later...
i've got one fitted to my gt4 supplied & fitted by tow-B-fabs in hemel hempstead

any chance you could post up a picture or two? not just showing one fitted more showing how they managed it

i've got one fitted to my gt4 supplied & fitted by tow-B-fabs in hemel hempstead

any chance you could post up a picture or two? not just showing one fitted more showing how they managed it

I'll see what i can do !! the company have their own blue prints as they build to fit only so would not supply one ready built to me to fit myself as they claim they fit & adjust to the car only but they did do a good job.

off subject a bit but you need to protect the underside of your car. get it up on a ram and get it sanded down and painted and then wax oiled. thats a lot of rust

• 7 months later...

This is the tow bar Toyota designed for the ST205 GT Four. I understand they only ever made an initial batch but as they didn't get much demand for them they never made any more. I had a friendly man at Toyota searching parts stores all round the world trying to find one for me without luck.

img015.jpg

It took me nearly 5 years but I eventually found a second hand one, here it is ready for a clean up and fitting.

GT4TowBar003.jpg

When I eventually get it bolted on I'll post some more pictures.

off subject a bit but you need to protect the underside of your car. get it up on a ram and get it sanded down and painted and then wax oiled. thats a lot of rust

I thought exactly the same thoughts :huh:

• 1 year later...

Is that slam panel part of the kit?

Cheers

yeah . it will likely replace whats behind the standard back bumper.

• 1 year later...

A very old thread to dig up but if anyone is still looking for a GT-Four tow bar I've just put a complete and genuine Toyota one in the for sale section.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 years later...

Sorry for reviving thread but here is the instruction manual for st185 tow bar made by kovil. It's in Swedish and Finnish. It's also not possible to get ahold of this manual anymore which is why I'm posting it

3843_001.pdf