Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Big Small. . . And Now Compact . .

vickyvulture

BEFORE . .

DSCF0051.jpg

AFTER . .

front.jpg

After just a year of joyful yaris ownership . . I've written it off! :crybaby: It is so sad to see the contents of your car, and a years worth of savings (to buy the car) laid on the pavement in 3 carrierbags as you wave goodbye to your little friend whom you haven't known for as long as you should've.

Sorry I haven't been around for the last year! Just been a bit busy with other stuff in life that takes over!

As you can see, not a happy ending to my lovely car. Had an accident on the A17 yesterday morning. Some guy didn't indicate whilst turning off a road. Every car behind him had to brake and swerve onto the grass verge to miss him. I was behind a huge lorry, so didn't really know what was going on. Next thing I knew I was braking hard, and slammed into the lorry's *****. I didn't realise til after it happened, that I had also spun round a little and caught the first car (the one that was turning off) on the ***** too, so there was a lot of debris on the road!! No one hurt though.

Either it was the lorry's *****, or just a foot away from where I ended up, there was a huge ditch, so if I had've swerved too much, I'd probably have ended up in there! lol.

All over now. Thank god. Just sad now as I have no car . . and no little yaris to greet me with his friendly face each morning. What a great end to 2007!

NOTE TO MODERATORS! I JUST REALISED THAT I'VE POSTED IT IN THE WRONG FORUM, COULD YOU PLEASE MOVE IT TO THE YARIS SIDE!! THANKS :D

lol welcome to the corolla section :P

seriously, glad you're alright. is there any chance of the insurance covering it?

gutted for you :(

I don't know what the insurance company will say. Their gonna get back to me on Monday!

I'm with the AA for breakdown and insurance (or so I thought). I phone the number on the little yellow card the AA give you for breakdown. After going through all 'options', I finally get through to a guy who says 'yeah, that'll cost ya about £180, unless your with us for insurance'. I said I was, he replied 'oh, well then you've come through to the wrong side, I'm now going to put you through to the Insurance side'. Hmm, not too please, it was !Removed! windy and I just wanted to get home! AA insurance took all my details, then said, 'you're not with us, you're with Fortis, so I'm going to put you through to Fortis'. 5 minutes of waiting in a strange dutch man's lorry cab later . . 'Hi, you're through to Fortis. We can only get you free breakdown recovery if you make a claim NOW'. Half an hour later after making my claim, she then said that she would phone AA to get recovery! Crazy Crazy Crazy People! :rolleyes:

i remember when i had an accident, i had to speak to 4 different people lol then they just took my mobile number and got another company to ring me lol

my breakdown is with Green Flag, rang them the other night and they sent someone out who towed me home, and then again in the morning to take me to get petrol lol

Sorry to see that,

If you're fully comp it will be covered :) If not, it won't unless you can prove someone else caused it.

Lets hope you get a better 08.

Nick

Sorry to see your Yaris in such a state.... glad you are alright though!

They wont confirm its written off til they inspect it though, so it could be saved yet, you never know!

Sorry to hear about that Vicky......................lets hope the insurance sort it out without too much hassle to you :thumbsup:

I know they are not the cheapest, but with Toyota insurance you get a full accident management system, vehicle recovered to local dealer, loan car, no hassle etc etc. Glad your in one piece though!

Kingo :thumbsup:

my brothers car was worse than that and it didnt get written off and he has a stupid polo. that just needs a new bonnet and new wing. possibly a few bits inside. who am i to judge though.

yeah, even if its pretty easy fixed itll probly be written off cos the insurance company will go to a main dealer and get a huge quote to fix it with brand new parts. even if a part has one scratch on it and could easily just be repainted or repaired they will quote for a brand new part. this is why so many cars and bikes get written off when they arent really that bad and could be easy fixed.

this is also a reason why insurance is so dear.

i was reading an article there about how they are going to try and get insurance assessors to get quotes for repairing parts that can be reapaired instead of just quoting for new ones automatically. in the same article they dropped a ducati (nothing serious just some dents and scrapes bike was essentially fine) and got a quote from the main dealer, it was thousands and more than the value of the bike so the bike wudve been written off, then they got it repaired and only replaced parts where necessary and it only cost a few hundred.

yeah, even if its pretty easy fixed itll probly be written off cos the insurance company will go to a main dealer and get a huge quote to fix it with brand new parts. even if a part has one scratch on it and could easily just be repainted or repaired they will quote for a brand new part. this is why so many cars and bikes get written off when they arent really that bad and could be easy fixed.

this is also a reason why insurance is so dear.

i was reading an article there about how they are going to try and get insurance assessors to get quotes for repairing parts that can be reapaired instead of just quoting for new ones automatically. in the same article they dropped a ducati (nothing serious just some dents and scrapes bike was essentially fine) and got a quote from the main dealer, it was thousands and more than the value of the bike so the bike wudve been written off, then they got it repaired and only replaced parts where necessary and it only cost a few hundred.

What nonsense! To start with!! Main dealers or any dealer who is authorised to repair for a particular insurer do not give the insurance companies quotes, the insurers and repairers have skilled estimators and a vast computerised programme which will tell the repairers what is needed and how much it's going to cost, you say even if a part has one scratch or can be repainted or repaired they will quote for a new part, in your dreams mate, insurers will haggle over 6 minutes of time and 20 pence and are within their rights to do so, and if it can be repaired it will be repaired and they will tell you how much time you are going to get to repair it and they will tell you how much paint and materials and consumables you can claim for and how much its going to cost them. and if a vehicle or Ducati is written off it's because it's not worth what it will cost to repair it , do you get it? the insurers wont spend £5000 on something thats worth £4990 because they would be £10 worse off.

Your average insurer is quite happy to pay for repairs to fulfill their part of the contract but if you have fitted go faster filters or chips and made your car more attractive to thieves and not advised them they can and will throw out the claim if the find out about it, and as for insurance being expensive it has never been cheaper or better value for money when you consider the millions of idiots on the roads today.

Now thats out of the way i would like to wish all of you a Happy new year.

Doesn't look too bad

but my old car got written off just because of someone going into the back of me.

Heres the damage.

XL800949.jpg

XL800954.jpg

Not even bad, but it got written off

Sim

Doesn't look too bad

but my old car got written off just because of someone going into the back of me.

Heres the damage.

XL800949.jpg

XL800954.jpg

Not even bad, but it got written off

Sim

Wow! If you'rs got written off just for that . . I dred to think what the insurance company would've thought about me catching the wheel arch on the end of a ramp in a multi-storey car park! but instead of stopping and reversing, i just drove on praying to god that it wasn't going to be that bad when i get out and look! Got out and looked, slightly bent here and there to say the least! but just went to my local garage and got it bent back into shape for £30. The bit below the plastic bumper is made of tin, so he couldn't do much with that, a bit of paint had been chipped off but it didn't look too bad. I did consider buying a new bit of tin off eBay . . but never got round to it.

Good luck for tomorrow little beast. Smile and do you very best to convince the engineer/assessor that you'll be ok. When/if you get back, I promise to give you lots of love and a good wash! (might even take you through the carwash for a treat!)

here's the other pic showing the damage from the passenger side, oh, and there was also a little bit of damage to the rear! . . .

Image002.jpg

Image007.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links