Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coilovers Or Springs

karlb97

just want a bit of gudance. is tein basic coilovers to hard for back country roads? i think i would prefer the springs as would not be as solid for bumpy roads. but i just need a couple of opinions? i have only drove a tsport corolla with teins but only for a few good road miles afta a service and was impressed on good roads! opinions please?

just want a bit of gudance. is tein basic coilovers to hard for back country roads? i think i would prefer the springs as would not be as solid for bumpy roads. but i just need a couple of opinions? i have only drove a tsport corolla with teins but only for a few good road miles afta a service and was impressed on good roads! opinions please?

Tein coileys are proper stiff mate, even more so on uneven country roads. All down to personal preference though. I had the Basic kit on my SR and loved every minute of it, but it's just down to what I like.

Springs will be softer but you won't be able to get as much drop from them

Tein coileys are proper stiff mate, even more so on uneven country roads.

:laughing:

Good one. Tein Basics are far too soft for me! If I ever manage to save some money I'm going to upgrade to some HKS coilovers and sell my Tein Basics!

Good one. Tein Basics are far too soft for me! If I ever manage to save some money I'm going to upgrade to some HKS coilovers and sell my Tein Basics!

I thought you had HKS coileys before and then sold them??

He sold car.

But yeah unless you want the height adjustability of the tein basics dont bother as they aren't much better than the tein springs. You are better off on all accounts to buy the tein springs and then you could in future upgrade to adjustable dampening koni shocks which can be set as soft or stiffer than tein shocks!

I thought you had HKS coileys before and then sold them??

I did but one of the rear shocks burst and as Woody said I sold the car! :thumbsup: