Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Resetting Ecu

kenty

Hi guys,

havnt been on for a while but have another little query so im hoping you guys can come to my rescue.

ive heard people saying that to reset the ecu, you just take the Battery out for half an hour? is this true or is there another way to do it?

ive heard that on a corolla, you turn the key 1 or 2 clicks and then hold the throttle pedal dwn for 50 seconds. then the engine warning light should flash and that is the ecu reset.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers guys!

ross

When ever i needed to reset the ecu on my corolla i just pulled the neg off the bat,i knew what the code was that was bringing on the mil light and that by resetting it wasnt going to do any damage,just the light wasn't annoying me till i got the part i needed. The reset with the throttle pedal is for the t sport compressor,i tried that on mine and nothing happened.

If the mil light is coming on get it checked out first before you reset,mite save you money in long run. But if you really do want to turn it off taking the neg of the bat should wipe the fault code till a fault is logged again.

You lose the saved radio stations at the same time,also auto up down function on the electric window till you reset them again,done by holding the button till the windows fully down and then fully up

Dont have to do it for half hour mate, 10 mins does the job. Everytime I've needed to do it I've just taken the neg connection off as said above.

• 1 month later...
Dont have to do it for half hour mate, 10 mins does the job. Everytime I've needed to do it I've just taken the neg connection off as said above.

Just remove the EFI fuse for 10 seconds, works great and no loss of stations on radio.

Yep and if the fault is still occuring the MIL light will come stright back on when you start it up. Oh, and if it`s an engine over fueling problem thats lit the MIL light, theres a chance that you will damage the cat if you keep running withut getting sorted. Mega expencive to replace. I should`nt say this, but you don`t need the dealer just to get the code read and find what the problem is, a lot of independent places have code readers now days...

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links