Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E 1.6 4afe Clutch High Biting Point

russ.gower

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that my Carina's clutch has quite a high biting point. Its done 126k miles and I am unsure if its ever had a new clutch. Is there a way to adjust the clutch or do I need to replace it?

Is clutch replacement on the carina fairly straight forward to do if it needs replacing and anyone know what a garage would charge for labour and parts out of interest?

Thanks

They are self-adjusting hydraulic. It will probably be the original. If it isn't slipping there is no need to change it. If you do change it, they are 'relatively' simple. A garage will charge 3-4 hours labour. The main reason is that the drive shafts must be removed from the transmission and aren't merely unbolted. Therefore extra labour. £250 (including the parts) is a reasonable ball-park figure. Shouldn't be more.

They are self-adjusting hydraulic. It will probably be the original. If it isn't slipping there is no need to change it. If you do change it, they are 'relatively' simple. A garage will charge 3-4 hours labour. The main reason is that the drive shafts must be removed from the transmission and aren't merely unbolted. Therefore extra labour. £250 (including the parts) is a reasonable ball-park figure. Shouldn't be more.

Thanks for the info, no it isn't slipping just high biting point. I was just worried that it might just fail but I guess it would start slipping badly before it was on its way out wouldn't it?

If it's high it will not be long before it goes, it is self adjusting so there will be very little left. A genuine 3 in 1 clutch from Toyota can be bought from us for about £100

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links