Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removal Of Lower Rear Bumper/reaer Valance

tiggy

Hi All,

Newbie here. Just bought a 2003 (facelift) 1.0 T spirit. I have some small dents in the rear valance (metal part of bumper). I've tried to remove the panel to see whether is can be repaired/replaced. I found 2 bolts underneath and 2 screws hidden behind the plastic shields behind the wheels. I took them out but still no joy, it wont budge. Are there any more screws/bolts to take out? Does the panel come out on its own or do you have to remove the whole bumper?

Appreciate any advice

Hi All,

Newbie here. Just bout a 2003 (facelift) 1.0 T spirit. I have some small dents in the reaer valance (metal part of bumper). I've tried to remove the panel to see whether is can be repaired/replaced. I found 2 bolts underneath and 2 screws hidden behind the plastic shields behind the wheels. I took them out but still no joy, it wont budge. Are there any more screws/bolts to take out? Does the panel come out on its own or do you have to remove the whole bumper?

Appreciate any advice

IMHO, its probably best to remove the entire bumper. There are 4 plastic clips that hold the 2 parts of the bumper together and they are a nightmare to reattach if one part is still attached.

I think there are about 6 bolts/screws that need removing - the 2 in the wheel arches, 2 by the boot seal and 2 others hidden beneath the top part of the bumper.

Hope this helps.

Yeah it is just those as described above. The top part of the bumper has two screws holding it to the boot and then it has two poppers holding it on. Bottom is two bolts holding it to car (underneath upper bumper) and two underneath. After that it should budge. If not check in case it is mounted anywhere along rear wheel arch but i'm pretty sure it isn't

Thanks for all the advice. Looks like its a whole bumper off job then. I will start searching for the rear valance on eBay etc and then get the tool kit out. If by any chance someone has a silver one going spare I'd be interested

As said above, easier take the lot off. Think I did the lot with a 10mm socket, quite easy. A new one from Toyota is only around £30-40.

As said above, easier take the lot off. Think I did the lot with a 10mm socket, quite easy. A new one from Toyota is only around £30-40.

Just spoke to toyota and they quoted £56.85 + VAT for the panel. Maybe the 2003-2005 model is slightly different and more? Which version do you have? and what's the rough cost of painting?

Thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links