Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nova

acemiko

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acemiko

• Yarisboy

• knightrider

• kash

ok so they are not the only reason we have high insurance but ur insurance is high! i got a quote at 17 for a 1.6 n/a scooby for £1700 and a t-sport for bout the same, but a 1.0 was only £900 but im in my mums name neway cuz it was her car but now me and my sis share it

Ermmm.... I don't want to disresprect anyone (err :rolleyes: actually I do :lol: )... but y the hell would u spend £1000s of pounds doing up a crapy Nova (the alloys they put on are probably worth more than the car itself) when they're better of spending the money on the likes of a T sport and adding some mods to it???? Money gone down the Toilet thats what I say!!! GIVE IT TO ME INSTEAD if u got money to burn, I'll find something useful for it for sure.

Take it from me guys.... if there are any Nova owners out there itching to mod it... DON'T... ur better spending ur money on something DECENT like the likes of a T SPORT

u r totaly missin the point, not everyone can afford to buy a yaris t sport, what will u pay for a secondhand one 3-6k. :huh: for something thats not realy that great, a standard nova gsi is slightly quicker and has better chassis dynamics.

novas have a proven race history in rallying and other forms of motorsports and as a result they have alot of cheap puka rally bits that bolt straight on.

ye they have a bad rep for total pilocs drivin an sr with a shady shady bodykit crapy 14 inch wheels with 80 profile tyres,but thats because they are so cheap.thats life.

if u havent got much money and want a car that handles on rails after a few choice mods then id recomend buyin a nova to anyone,

u can pick a up decent NOVA SRI for £500 spend that again on the suspension and i asure u if a yaris t sport came up against one of these on a twisty road the sorted nova sri would rape the yaris till its ***** bled!!, end of story.

and if u want to further the argument 4.5k is all u need to build a nova that would gobble almost anything up off the road, with bitchin handling, stiff Shell light weight panels and bitchin engine.

here is proof.

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeatu...ure.php?ref=873

that shuould silence ad least some of u ;)

and in turn I think you are totally missing the point m8,

the yaris is not the fastest car on the road.... we all know this, the Tsport is a mildly warm hot hatch if anything... with 0-60's not setting the world on fire.

But not everyone wants to focus on just 'gobbling up anything on the road'... some people like to drive something that they know will turn heads for a GOOD reason, not because the exhaust is louder than the old bmw 320 you see in your town with a bean can for a backbox.

it's like saying, why buy a 30 thousand quid audi/bmw when u can spend 16 on an old subaru sti that will eat them both? because not everyone wants to drive around in a car that has a reputation for being a criminal's vehicle of choice!

similarly the nova has a reputation for being the car of choice to many a 16/17 year old driving hopefuls.

It all comes down to image.

if u read this full thred i think ull find im not missing the point mate :)

Ermmm.... I don't want to disresprect anyone (err  actually I do  )... but y the hell would u spend £1000s of pounds doing up a crapy Nova (the alloys they put on are probably worth more than the car itself) when they're better of spending the money on the likes of a T sport and adding some mods to it???? Money gone down the Toilet thats what I say!!! GIVE IT TO ME INSTEAD if u got money to burn, I'll find something useful for it for sure.

Take it from me guys.... if there are any Nova owners out there itching to mod it... DON'T... ur better spending ur money on something DECENT like the likes of a T SPORT

i was replying to kashes point and to silence other critics,

u r missing the point, my point is not everyone has the cash to splash on a spanky yaris, not unless mummy and daddy buy it for them. <_<

and id hardly say the yaris is a head turner, the blatent fact is its nothing more than a shopping trolly. if u want to drive something that "turns heads for good reason" go and buy a new mini

similarly the nova has a reputation for being the car of choice to many a 16/17 year old driving hopefuls.

and who dosent know this. novas r dirt cheap and within easy reach of any driver hopefuls who dont have rich parents and dont want to resort to the credit route. :huh:

There are better cars than nova's for similar money. Especially if you're going to spend nearly 5k on one.

and I take it that the 'mummy and daddy buying' dig was at me, well I don't own a yaris my friend, I merely drive one.

Even if I had no other choice but to drive a nova (which is just silly, there's plenty of cars more respectable) I would rather get the bus.

I used to drive a Nova, in 1987, it was a company car. I was doing over a 1000 miles a WEEK!

At the time it was a decent car, but times and standards have change. Remember, its 1980’s technology.

The Yaris is a far superior car in safety economy reliability, don’t forget the Yaris was European and Japanese car of the year in 2000, has recently been re-vamped this year with extra safety features and cosmetic touches. Plus being a Toyota, it won’t let you down.

Unfortunately the Nova has been adopted by the equivalent XR3i/Capri gang from the 80’s/90’s and now, IMHO has that stigma.

I’m sure Yaris owners don’t won’t to go 0 to 60 in warp speed, the Yaris has that “Feel good factor” when you drive it.

Anyway, if you’re driving too fast, people can’t see your car when you’re going past!

i know the yaris is a vastly superior car to the nova. there is a twenty year design gap for heavens sake,

u couldent event beggin to compare the two when it comes to ergonomics and so on but if u have a small budget (which alot of people do) say £500-£1000 ull struggle to find a more decent honest car wich is p*ss easy to tune and to tinker with to your harts content, the nova has beutiful chassis dynamics and there is no end to what can be done to these little cars. the designs twentythree years old and is as popular as ever,

just shove all that snobbery out the window, the yaris is a toyota not a bmw, many more cars have that " feel good factor when u drive it" including the nova.

so wot if ur parents supplied u wit a car my parents did the same i hav 2 share wit my sis wen shes not at uni but they did it cuz i cant afford a newish car rite now if i where payin id hav a 1.1 fiesta d reg or summit so ive got a yaris til nxt yr wen i will b able 2 afford my own car and i mite buy a t-sport cuz the yaris is a top car for the cash,

and novas arent worth doin up for a run around they seem fine but a show car? theyre purely a box!

:censor: if its not the nova it is a corsa what are these people on i have had enough i am going to buy a MClaren f1 then that should put a stop to things

ps i wish ;)

:censor: if its not the nova it is a corsa what are these people on i have had enough i am going to buy a MClaren f1 then that should put a stop to things

ps i wish ;)

:D Even if u went out and got a Stealth jet fighter :rolleyes::drool: they'd still try it on :lol::lol::lol:

some of those nova lads are mentalist's alright,saw a guy over take three cars going into a blind corner once :blink:

Saxo boys are worse, someone should tell them that the peak on a baseball cap goes at the FRONT :D

another

NOW THATS A CARB!

s3.jpg

Same manufacturer, same name. Can you imagine pulling up next to the Vaux version at the lights. They'd probably still try it on. (I believe this car is close to 7.0l so even the 2.0l Vaux conversion would be laughed at severley)

novas have a proven race history in rallying and other forms of motorsports and as a result they have alot of  cheap puka rally bits that bolt straight on.

u can pick a up decent NOVA SRI for £500 spend that again on the suspension and i asure u if a yaris t sport came up against one of these on a twisty road the sorted nova sri would rape the yaris till its ***** bled!!, end of story.

and if u want to further the argument 4.5k is all u need to build a nova that would gobble almost anything up off the road, with  bitchin handling, 

that shuould silence ad least some of u ;)

True...................................... Maybe?

However, when you wrap your Nova around a tree and you wrap a Yaris around a tree, the Yaris owner will most possibly walk out. :thumbsup:

If you need to stop on a sixpence.......... on a bend.......... in the wet before hitting that tree, the Yaris owner will, the Nova? .......................................... BANG :ffs:

If anyone wants to steal one of the 2 cars............................ its bye bye Nova!

Enough said methinks :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links