Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Ice Help

Tazza

I'am right in thinking the 1992 MR2 GTt-bar has 6.5 Speakers and tweeter up front? and has a sub/s (dunno what size?) behind driver and passenger seat?

if so these r probably standard **** so will be going, would this system be suitable?

head unit - Pioneer DEHP77MP

6.5 " Comps - CRY-CSC60S

10 or 12" sub - has to be R.E. SE range 10" or 12"

4 channel amp - Rockford Fosgate Power 551X

cheers :thumbsup:

The fronts are 5.25" - but you can fit 6.5" with a spacer.

The Subs are tiny and rubbish. There are also Mids near the seat belt but they are also rubbish.

My setup is the following ..

Polk 6.5" and the tweeters moved to the footwells. a JL Audio 10" W3 sub behind each seat.

Two Amps (Phonex Gold) one for the subs (bridged) and one for the components.

The Subs are running about 500 Watts .. and the sound is awesome .. but the setup aint mine .. I'll be going for a single amp (PG 4600) and 2 10W0 subs ..

Would the 2amp setup be good for R&B genre music or more suited to something like dance?

I've got standard in my car and noticed that they don't seem to handle to bass very well on most of my tracks (R&B / HipHop).

The two amp setup is fine .. but is more tuneable than a single amp. But it all comes down to cost .. the two amps I have are like £300 each and are out of my budget .. so I'm going for a single £500 ..

And the PG amps are tuneable when they are on the car .. so you can match it to your car and music style.

My setup is great for everything from Dre to Sepultura to Jazz ..

The two amp setup is fine .. but is more tuneable than a single amp. But it all comes down to cost .. the two amps I have are like £300 each and are out of my budget .. so I'm going for a single £500 ..

So do u already have 2 amps or not?

Cos u wont really make much back selling oth and buying another one!!????

:unsure:

I've got 2 of my mates .. but I'll be replacing them both with 1 big amp .. cause he'll want his amps back soon.

he wan't them back for his new car (which he's getting any day now).

He decided to go practical did he?

heh hope he doesnt miss his 2, i've not had mine for almost 2 days now and im already missing her... :crybaby:

-Z

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm going to buy a sw20 mr2 soon and I'm selling my old car. question is i've got a JL 10"w0 sub. not sure if this can be put behind the back seat or it will be better off sell it with the old car and get a 8w4v ?

thanks

Hi, I'm going to buy a sw20 mr2 soon and I'm selling my old car. question is i've got a JL 10"w0 sub. not sure if this can be put behind the back seat or it will be better off sell it with the old car and get a 8w4v ?

thanks

10: will fit fine with a custom made box.....keep it I say :) I have 2 10" vccs pioneers to go in once I make my boxes.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I'll say it again, I have an autoacoustics drivers side 10" box if anyones interested :hokus-pokus:

Y'know the wall behind the seats, is there any space behind that for a really thin sub, like this:

a10s.jpg

I could also use a spacer if it's not quite thin enough.... What do you reckon?

Cheers, Just thought I'd seen a picture of an mr2 with subs in the rear wall without boxes... I'll try and dig it out... The car was called 'Ultimate' or something...

had a big Greddy sticker down the side....